Thread: ultrasonic cleaner

ultrasonic cleaner

a quick question for those who use ultrasonic cleaner ..........

how long do you leave the cases in for and what additive do you use in the water ??

It takes as long as it takes. For me about 20 minutes but it depends on the wattage of the ultrasound generator.
    Water + 25%vinegar, teaspoon of salt and a squirt of washing-up liquid to break down surface tension.
    When the pockets are clean you can be sure the inside is too.
    Take them out and dump them in a solution of water and washing soda(ratio unimportant) to prevent cases looking coppery which is caused by the acidic vinegar reacting with the zinc in the brass.

I use a cheap Lidl cleaner , 10-15 cases a time, hot water with a heaped tablespoon of cream of tarter powder , apparently tarter powder does not have an adverse affect on the brass , run it three or four three minute cycles.Attachment 56358

2caps full of seaclean

Tepid water 3liters, 30 min cycle, 100 20 tac cases or 50 6 mmbr/50 .243

Remove rince spin the water off, onto a try in the preheated oven for about 20 mins

Job done,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I buy the Hornady solution now: 6 oz to a gallon of distilled water and run them until the primer pockets are clean.~Muir

thanks just what I was after

I've used ultrasonic cleaners in the past and didn't expect much when it came to cleaning cases but I bought a Lyman ultrasonic cleaner and it works a treat. I takes about half an hour for the water (distilled) to heat up and I use the concentrated Lyman turbo-sonic cleaning solution which is formulated for cleaning brass. I clean about fifty .308 cases at a time and it takes 480 seconds.

food grade citric acid crystals from eBay
    3-4 6m cycles or until pockets etc are clean

I find seaclean works well but strangely find it more effective when diluted with distilled rather than tap water.

Seaclean for me but i do Manufacture it