Got a new toy

SimpleSimon

Well it's been just over a year since my baptism into stalking and I thought it was about time I branched out and gave some other shooting a go. So for no particular reason I booked a clay pigeon shooting lesson for me and the wife (her having just tried it on a hen do and liked it). By coincidence the same evening as I made the booking I happened upon an advert for a gun at a price I really couldn't say no to. The rifle needed some company in the cabinet anyway!
So, I'm now the proud owner of my first ever shotgun. A Baikal O/U that's had one previous owner and looks to have been very well looked after. It'll win no beauty contests but it seems the right dimensions for me and really didn't cost much at all.
The seller also had a very very nearly new Mossberg .22 which almost found its way home with me as well, but sadly the fear of "her indoors" kept my hand out of my wallet on this occasion.
Now to have a few more lessons and see what I can do! Maybe some of the great clouds of pigeons I keep noticing on the local fields will still be there when I can start knocking doors.

O.M.G!!! Do you realise what you've done? You've called a gun a 'toy', and you imply you've had 'fun' while shooting. Recent threads have taught me such behaviour is unacceptable and will only lead to the prohibition of shooting in this country by members of the public.

Repent your blasphemy before you condemn us all by association. Guns are serious tools and NEVER should you have fun using them.

:D

In all seriousness, good luck and enjoy your new hobby.

Wolfie

Excellent, had a Biakal for years as you say not fancy but solid and reliable and very good value for money. Do knock on doors it does work if not on every occasion. Take a map and get farmer to mark his land it makes early trips much easier, usually one farmers ground does not link to another so if you use gates as opposed to footpath stiles you usually stay on the right bit. Watch for flight lines and get to know where they fly. Good hide helps a lot a flash of white and flicker of movement can put them off. Have a great time.

O.M.G!!! Do you realise what you've done? You've called a gun a 'toy', and you imply you've had 'fun' while shooting. Recent threads have taught me such behaviour is unacceptable and will only lead to the prohibition of shooting in this country by members of the public.

Repent your blasphemy before you condemn us all by association. Guns are serious tools and NEVER should you have fun using them.

Wolfie

Sorry, you're right of course!
I'll throw myself at the feet of Brian May, the God of the antis and beg his forgiveness, lest I be caught enjoying shooting and sentenced to the slow painful death of a vegan diet :eek:

Wolfie

Quite! ... ;)

Griffin-lloyds or the Worcester ground? my Baikal has the prettiest piece pallet i've ever seen, As long as it fits it will probably shoot better than you can. Once you have got use to clays with that find a cheap .410 that makes it really fun. Breaking high pheasant with £100 single hammer .410 when the Brownings and Beretta's can't is a good feeling.

I'm generally up for a round of clays if you want to see how not to do it.

Scooby

Griffin-lloyds or the Worcester ground? my Baikal has the prettiest piece pallet i've ever seen, As long as it fits it will probably shoot better than you can. Once you have got use to clays with that find a cheap .410 that makes it really fun. Breaking high pheasant with £100 single hammer .410 when the Brownings and Beretta's can't is a good feeling.

I'm generally up for a round of clays if you want to see how not to do it.

Scooby

Garlands, actually. The coach came well recommended and reasonably priced and the in-laws are fairly close so it was no hardship driving over.
Anyway, my local ground is Kinver literally about 5 minutes drive, although I still haven't visited the place. Worcester is close enough too, drop me a message if youre heading to anywhere local-ish, I'd be up for embarrassing myself!
I know there's a few members on here in the general area, maybe we ought to organise a round.

Back