Hello

webber

Hi, I'm known as webber. A keen shotguner and BASC Coach I'm just starting out to learn stalking with the aid of a friend,
I intend to complete the DSC1 & DSC2 when time permits.
I'm an RFD and have just picked up a nice Parker Hale in .243 which is locked up in my shop whilst I wait for the variations to arrive.
I've startrd to renovate and modify a HTM Argocat for the second time.
The first time was around 20 years ago when I bought the machine as a wreck as a project for my son who was then about 11 years old.
We then had a holiday home on the Kent estuary and used to run across to Grange over Sands when the tide was out.

I'm now getting involved with a new shoot which has several ponds suitable for ducks; therefore the idea is to try to use the Argocat to reach the islands for feeding. My friend spotted some Roe deer on the estate so a bigger rifle and some deer shooting experience is required.

We are removing the old mechanical brakes and replacing them with hydraulic calipers as fitted to later machines, but this has created a number of other issues to resolve as the existing steering levers will need to be replace. I'm sure that after some head scratching and fabrication we will see the machine back doing what it was built for. I'll never forget the smile and grin on the face of my young son when he first got his hands on the controls of the Argo. Now in his early thirties I'm looking forward to seeing if the grin returns.

Yes I am the same webber who posts on the forum for pigeon shooters.

webber

He has every reason to be ashamed. I am afraid I am not the sort of relation anybody would wish to own up to. You have to admire his courage.

David.

Last edited:
Back