Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glasses or Contacts ?

Glasses or Contacts ?

How do people deal with glasses and bino's ? I am having to take my glasses off every time and its a pain

I went to try contacts lastThursday and have spent the rest of the week poking my eyes out trying to get them in ! AARRGGHH

The ironic thing is that it was a real cute 20 year old with half inch false nails that managed to put them in the first time ????lolol

Stick with the contacts it does get easier.

I tried and tried to stalk with glasses but could not get on with them.

It is contacts for stalking for me just wear glasses the rest of the time.

I just buy a months worth of daily disposables at a time and only oder some more when I am running low.

Thats what I am hoping to do ,but its obviously going to take a bit more practise ?

have you thought about laser correction

i got mine done about 3 years ago

best thing i have spent money on in years

before the surgery i had worn glasses for 18 years
    now i have 20/20 vision

Yes thought about it thats about as far as I have got, what did it cost and how long did it take?

Contacts are the way forward, once you get the hang of them you will not want to go back. I switched to the monthly disposables last year ( you leave them in for a month at a time- even when sleeping) absolutely brilliant - no fumbling around looking for your glasses when you get up ! Good luck with them, Phil.

I thought about the laser side of things ? but that had BIG signs in front of it and I simply cant afford it .

Perseverance with contacts will win the day I think .

I use daily disposables - acuvue moist are the most comfotable I've tried. Stick with them - it gets a lot easier as you get used to them. I've thought about laser surgery, but there is always a risk with any operation, and that's what puts me off.

I too use acuvue daily disposables. Put them in as soon as i wake up; put my specs back on in the evening. Stick with it, you will soon get the hang of it! I have been wearing contacts for 20 years! If you are a real cheapskate like me you can get a good months use out out of single pair of acuvue daily disposables!!!

Last edited by thomas; 08-04-2010 at 08:15. Reason: accuracy correction

think i was about 2000 to get it done and in total the time taken was 30 min