26mm and 1" mounts

TeddyW86

can you mount a 26mm tube scope on 1" mounts and can you mount a 1" tube scope on 26mm mounts?

Anything is possible but what is most possible is that if you try to put a 26mm 'scope in 1" rings is that you will crush the 'scope body. Supposedly you can, by using bespoke "liners" or even electrical tape, put a 1" 'scope in 26mm rings. Indeed such "bespoke" liners to allow this are sometimes seen on the large internet gun parts sites.

Depends on the scope and mounts but using a 26mm tube in 1" mounts is likely to pinch the tube so not a good idea.

Anything is possible but what is most possible is that if you try to put a 26mm 'scope in 1" rings is that you will crush the 'scope body.

However if you had an old rifle with its original 1" mount you could in theory have the rings reamed out to 26mm. But in reality you are more likely to have the combination the OTHER way around. That is a pre-war German rifle with 26mm rings that you wish to put a modern 1" 'scope into.

Personally it is probably easier to source the correct size 'scope to fit the rings that you have. Zeiss, at one time, the Diatal-Z and Diatal-C were examples, did the pretty much same 'scope in 26mm (the Z) and 1" (the C) versions.

No you can't normally fit a 26mm tube in 1" mounts, however if they are Optilocks (Sako/Tikka) the plastic ring inserts allow the mounting of both.

i have got sako mounts, haven't opened them up or taken them off yet though so i haven't seen/experienced these plastic inserts, but it is good news that i can mount both :D

Back