Free aga

ljs

Hi Guys ,
I have just purchased a country retreat (Hertfordshire area )and it has a fully serviced /working oil AGA in the kitchen
I know these are highly sought after and have a good value but I would like to give this to a fellow stalker , included if you wish is the plastic oil tank and flue etc ,must be dismantled and collected by a genuine person in need of one please contact me for further details.........
LJS

Attachments

• IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 214
Hi Guys ,
I have just purchased a country retreat (Hertfordshire area )and it has a fully serviced /working oil AGA in the kitchen
I know these are highly sought after and have a good value but I would like to give this to a fellow stalker , included if you wish is the plastic oil tank and flue etc ,must be dismantled and collected by a genuine person in need of one please contact me for further details.........
LJS

Hi LJS
PM sent

Hi guys ,
quite a few pm's in now ,I will leave this open until 21.13 tonight so its had 24hrs on the forum to give everyone the chance to contact ,
thanks,
LJS

well that's going to be re-sold for about £5k from however takes it! I think mine was just over £20K installed 5 years ago according to the chap we constantly have to have out to service it!! never again!

AGAs are great for many things, unfortunately cooking is not one of them. :D

If I had that sort of money I'd buy a professional range instead.

well that's going to be re-sold for about £5k from however takes it! I think mine was just over £20K installed 5 years ago according to the chap we constantly have to have out to service it!! never again!

We've been using exocet additive in our Rayburn for the last 3 years - absolutely transformed it re maintenance. I can probably go for a year without cleaning the burner. If you're interested have a look on Heating Oil East Sussex Kent. Supplier to Heathfield, Uckfield, TN31, TN32, TN33 for the exocet additive (I usually get it on ebay). 200ml works fine for my 1200 litre tank. I have tried another additive (Aderco) and it wasn't nearly as good.

Z
I have taken 3 oil agas out of propertys in the last 9 months one was less than 3 years old. The clients could not get anyone to buy the oil a agas(due to cost of running compared to a oil boiler. we scrapped 2 of them and the other is rusting in a barn.
Just also beware some of the old a agas have asbestos in them if you are talking them to bits.

Bob

Last edited:
We've been using exocet additive in our Rayburn for the last 3 years - absolutely transformed it re maintenance. I can probably go for a year without cleaning the burner. If you're interested have a look on Heating Oil East Sussex Kent. Supplier to Heathfield, Uckfield, TN31, TN32, TN33 for the exocet additive (I usually get it on ebay). 200ml works fine for my 1200 litre tank. I have tried another additive (Aderco) and it wasn't nearly as good.

We also use the additive and have no trouble at all with ours. Just need to clean and decocke the vaporiser once a year

Reading this seems like the old raffle joke. 1st PRIZE - An AGA Cooker. 2nd PRIZE - Two AGA Cookers. I shall not be asking if I can be the lucky next owner of it!

Well thanks to all for the PM;s ,sorry I could only choose 1 so in the end drew numbers hopefully the chap will honour his PM but have retained a short list should he decide not to collect ,
many thanks LJS

Quick thread update, today i collected the Aga and oil tank from ljs and it was exactly as he described-in great condition and looking even better than in the photos , we were welcomed with coffee and sausage rolls and helped through out the removal and loading. I would like to publicly than ljs for his kind offer as usual S.D. members have come up trumps for helping each other out.

that is the most generous offer I have ever seen well done that man .............I only wish my kitchen was big enough to accommodate one ............. I wonder how quick I could build an extension ...
but seriously who ever is lucky enough to get this is blessed

Quick thread update, today i collected the Aga and oil tank from ljs and it was exactly as he described-in great condition and looking even better than in the photos , we were welcomed with coffee and sausage rolls and helped through out the removal and loading. I would like to publicly than ljs for his kind offer as usual S.D. members have come up trumps for helping each other out.

Well done guys! :thumb:

Back