fac application quick question

seibassman7

During the fac application process, I put down two suitable people as referees. One has just been contacted by phone the other is on holiday so presume the feo has left a message to get back to them.

Are referees only contacted by phone or are they sent a form as well to complete sign and return. Just wanted to let my referees know what is expected from them. Thanks

Regards sbm

it used to be that the refs had to fill their own slips in and sign/post etc ,but im nearly sure thats changed now,

From what I remember you now just put their details on the one form. Both my referees were contacted by phone.

Wow! that makes a change, many have said that their referrees have not been contacted, including one of my mates who renewed with West Mercia earlier this year.

Ian.

West mercia didn't contact either of my references on my first grant this year, but they did contact Barry who was/is the provider of most of my stalking outings (in fact, it seems as if the FEO must have parked up outside, phoned Barry and then come knocking on my door)

Quick phone call by all intents... My referees were both contacted by phone and just asked 'do you know him?' and that was it!!!!

All boils down to the force/FEO/current workload etc..

Phone is the norm these days. Unless the reply the FEO gets on the phone is: "Who? You're not giving him a gun licence are you?".
in which case, he might get a visit. ��

I just signed one of my mates forms for his FAC and both me and the other referee been contacted by police by email, asking to reply back with the answers of a few questions they asked.

Back