A good walk with the dog

NigelM

Just been out for a couple of hours with the dog and the .17.

12 rabbits (missed a couple more!)
1 magpie
1 jay
1 squirrel

Good practice for the dog. Very pleasant way to spend a Sunday evening.

And just to top it off a fox out of the bedroom window on a couple of rabbits I left out there as bait.

Mrs wasn't too happy to be woken up with a bang though!

Top Sunday evening.

And just to top it off a fox out of the bedroom window on a couple of rabbits I left out there as bait.

Mrs wasn't too happy to be woken up with a bang though!

Top Sunday evening.

You fired a rifle out of the bedroom window and woke your wife up !! :eek:. Now I admire courage but sheer recklessness is a different matter.
You didn't mention what injuries you received but I wish you a full and speedy recovery :D.

Looks like the Mrs is going to get woken up by a bang again tonight.

Left the trail camera out and the bait point topped up and look who appeared last night!

PICT0030.JPG

I'm impressed you managed to find a magpie, Jay and squirrel all on the ground so that you could shoot them with the .17. Im never that lucky, they are always up trees

I'm impressed you managed to find a magpie, Jay and squirrel all on the ground so that you could shoot them with the .17. Im never that lucky, they are always up trees

Squirrel was on the run across the garden and made the mistake of stopping for a second, the magpie was having a go at one of the rabbit carcasses and the jay was "exploring" the edge of the pond, I presume on the look out for eggs.

Yes, very lucky.

Pic looks like a lactating vixen so you will be busy.

D

Looks like it. Don't really like shooting them when they have cubs in the earth but it's a wild pheasant shoot and I can't afford to have them too busy over the next couple of months. We already have plenty of wild poults running about the place - looks like it might be a successful year for breeding.

Back