Kit insurance?

Dawnrazor

Does anyone have a specific insurance policy for their kit, guns, bino's etc. Is it worth it? Is it cheaper/less hastle just claiming on house insurance if need be?

Bluefin £300 a year covers everything every gunrelated item and clothing at home and while out stalking thats for over £12k of kit
norma

Soldiers have been buying kit insurance for years. Quite a few companies do it. IIRC I always used Guardian, or GRE, as it used to be called. Some household policies don't cover stuff that's regularly used outside the home.

I did think £300 was a lot of ££ but my £3.5 truck cost £250 /yr to insure and nfu won't insure my kit as it's used for my job
norma

My home insurance covers all that. I also have cover through my bank for free...

Check your policy covers use outside of the home, quite a few don't. To answer the original question, I have all my rifles/scopes and shotguns insured for accidental damage while in use, this covers travel to and from a shoot, or if they are dropped from a highseat fall off a quad etc, not very much from NFU

Check your policy covers use outside of the home, quite a few don't. To answer the original question, I have all my rifles/scopes and shotguns insured for accidental damage while in use, this covers travel to and from a shoot, or if they are dropped from a highseat fall off a quad etc, not very much from NFU

Very true.. and a valid point... everyone who relies on their domestic household policy to protect their kit should make sure that the policy actually covers possessions when away from the home... BUT.... even if it does, make sure you check the small print.. most household policies won't cover sporting goods whilst in use so your bins, rifles, shotguns, scopes, even clothing could be unprotected when you thought they were.

I am covered

my insurance covers me for use away from home, rifles bins etc all covered for accidental damage up to a max £2500, clothing not covered

Back