Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lightweight moderators

lightweight moderators

thinking of investing in a light weight moderator for my Tikka T3 in 6.5x5. Does any one have experience of either the Atec cmm4, Atec maxim or the roedale delta ultralight.

I have the CMM4 and I can't recommend it highly enough.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I have the A Tec Maxim. Nice and light, well made, not the quietest.

Swillington have the maxim in a titanium version which is even lighter. Don't rule out the Hardy Gen 5 either, it's also a great mod.

Hardy or AimZonic for me.

Got the Reodale on my for sale 243, not a bad mod at all, and it up to 6.5 cal

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Lightweight mods are fine, just don't expect miracles, there's always a trade off between lightweight and built to last.

Theres no real difference between the two above mentioned mods.

The last few years I have been singing the praises of the A-TEC Maxim but just this week I have acquired one of the recently imported, from New Zealand, Dpt mods.
    I have the muzzle mounted, four chamber one at rrp of 200 and weighing less than my A_TEC CMM4
    I have just finished loading a batch of ammo for my 30-06 and will be trying it tomorrow so will let you know how I get on in a couple of days.
    The reason I had to load some ammo is because my 30-06, is my driven boar gun and the only ammo I had to hand was from 180gr to 220gns and as I intend to use it for stalking later on tomorrow I have just loaded some 150gr.

i have a maxim and rate it very highly, as said above it isnt the quietest. it is however quieter than a hardy!!

Thanks guys move views welcome. Look forward to how it works on the 30-06.