Thread: john robson www.yorkshireroestalking.

john robson www.yorkshireroestalking.

i would like to say a very big thank you to john most on here will have gathered by now ,im new to stalking .i booked a day with john and what a day it was.
    out in the morning looking roundsa plenty moving in the distance or just over borders,
    then we saw them
    lovly big 6 pointers.told john they were to good for me and to see if we could find a cull buck.
    saw a few does about and some more big lads but left them alone
    off for a breaky (mmmmmmmmmmm).evening stalk,
    saw 2 bucks in a wood,we stalked up to a good shooting point for one of them on edge of wood,gun on sticks,der in sights,sqeeze safty off tension on trigger then something spooked him .off he and his mate went.looking round later saw 2 more bucks one a 6 pointer and a cull buck,im getting exited now,gun raised on cull buck but couldnt hold still so refused shot.plenty more seen after that but none in shot.
    it was nice to sit in high seat at end of eve looking out and saw 2 barn owls hunting a good sight to see but nothing else came our way so off home.

although i didnt grass any,this was down to me not john he was always looking out for my best interests and couldn,t have ben more helpfull so thank you john ...and in the words of arny...I WILL BE BACK.

Well done guys, and especially to you for holding back on the shot - there's absolutely no shame in turning down a shot if you're not completely comfortable. You'll get one next time I'm sure!

i wasn,t happy at all with not being able to take the shot,but if theres a chance you will miss or worse still injure the animal then you dont pull the trigger.

John I actually patted you on the back for knowing your limitations.
    As said there is no shame better that then some of the alternatives.
    There will be other times I'm sure.
    Don't knock yourself up over it.
    See you again soon I hope.
    regards John.

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    Well done for not taking the shot if you wasnt comfortable with it son anyone who says that they have never experienced buck fever is a lying toe rag. Its something that only gets better and comes with being more familiar with being there.

I certainly can remember experiencing it myself in early days and even now when i have an exceptionally large buck in my sights i get a slight twinge and need to put the rifle down while i gain composure , the only difference is now it needs to be a real biggy

The best tip i can give you is get out there in the doe season it seemed to steady me after i had slotted a shed full
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 10-04-2010 at 18:59.

I am delighted that you saw lots of deer, I have a few days booked in May and am looking forward to 'filling my boots'!

it wasn,t buck fever.just wasnt able to hold still.was quite satisfied to have pulled trigger on previous buck had it not spooked.

I have shot my share of deer not as many as some but more than others and I still get the heart racing slightly more when it is a nice buck in the sights. When I dont get a buzz from it any more I will probably hang up my rifle.

You made the right choice, well done your day will come.