Jonny Kingdom's Wild Exmoor?????

FrenchieBoy

I've just watched it. Did anyone else from The Stalking Directory, and if so what did you think of it?
For me I think I have just wasted half an hour of my life as it should maybe have been broadcast on childrens TV!
I suspect that there are plenty of members on here that could present a wild life program in a much more interesting way, and been able to talk more elequently/interestingly!
As I recall he had quite a bit to say about "The Emperor" a while back, maybe next week he will be telling us all about "The Beast Of Bodmin"????:stir:

Any thoughts anyone?

I suspect that there are plenty of members on here that could present a wild life program in a much more interesting way, and been able to talk more elequently/interestingly!
As I recall he had quite a bit to say about "The Emperor" a while back, maybe next week he will be telling us all about "The Beast Of Bodmin"????:stir:

Any thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]
Charlie shaves green would be a far better presenter ,jonny is a bit of a plonker the deer shots made it just about watchable
norma

Well you can always rely on SD to launch into a chorus of criticism ....

JK is a fabulous character, a lovely man, and knows more about the real countryside than probably anyone I know ... and more than most on this forum I would wager.

If you want a programme with more polish watch springwatch ..... ahh but we don't like that either do we?

Thank you HM it's always a good thing when someone can disabuse us of our prejudices. I shall view him in a different light now.

F

Thank you HM it's always a good thing when someone can disabuse us of our prejudices. I shall view him in a different light now.

F

I try not to enter the SD fray too often as there seems to be a lot of nastiness ready to be unleashed at the slightest provocation ... but I had to say something .... we mostly love him down here, I stalk very close to his land and I was in Dulverton when he was filming so curious to see that episode and I have many friends in the village where he lives .... and my wife plays in the same skittle team as his wife ..... and ... and .....

I do believe that he may have taken the odd deer or three in the past .... but his stalking skills honed his ability to get amazing shots of wildlife ... he has many series under his belt.

Tony

Would it be too harsh to wish that certain SD members find their vehicle stranded on the wee rocks that comprise the bed of the Tarr Steps crossing??

I accept JK is not being entirely true to that which moulded his place in the Devon landscape but give the man some credit for both his knowledge and achievements on camera even if these do not fully square with SD cutting edge wildlife control.

K

I think he comes across as a nice extremely enthusiastic chap. The adder footage was pretty good and I can watch deer all day. I think he could do with a better zoom though on his camera. His badger footage was also very good to say he made the false sett.

I'm sorry for being so rude but the hat ! I find it hard to take anyone serious with a hat like that ...sorry jonny .

I personally like johnny kingdoms programs. Its light hearted entertainment while being educational at the same time. He is not making his programs to educate the educated. He brings the wildlife of the countryside into the living rooms of the general public in a more personable way than many. There was a great clip of a red stag butting a sheep in one of his shows, made me smile.

I've just watched it. Did anyone else from The Stalking Directory, and if so what did you think of it?
For me I think I have just wasted half an hour of my life as it should maybe have been broadcast on childrens TV!

Any thoughts anyone?
Didn't see it myself, but probably wouldn't have watched it even if I knew it was on. Granted the man gets out there and gets the footage, and I'm not doughting the mans knowledge of the countryside but I saw one of his programs once where he came across a wild boar some distance away and made out his life was in danger!
Yes I know a sow with piglets is more than willing to defend them but JK acted like this boar was pointing a rifle at him! (and there were no piglets, just a boar) Just a bit too much added drama to make attractive tv for those who wouldn't know any better for me.
ATB Lee

In all fairness to JK he has to dumb things down so that the urban (and some rural) people can get some sort of grasp about what he is on about. I thought that his program was quite entertaining and I'd sooner watch JK than Cwiss Packham any day.

P.S. Didn't JK keep a deer which was too disabled to release back into the wild?

atb Tim

JK - Can't stand the bloke, met him when i was a kid, didnt like him then, dont like him now. Talks a lot rubbish at times and in my opinion cannot present. I'm not a huge fan of Packham, but he is a very intelligent bloke, granted - his opinions on culling etc are rather boring and he plays up to the eco-warrior persona -

Back