Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another addition

Another addition

Last couple of months I have been contemplating requiring another teckel. So as you do I was perusing availability or miniture wire haired teckels. O bugger one was available not to far from me. After a conversation over the phone I was emailed information that I was informed about as I wanted to do various checks to verify what they said. Like said not to far from me is a mini wire haired teckel available from a healthy litter. As it turns out sire holds excellent breeding/blood lines from across Europe claiming prizes and recognition amongst teckels passing various tests for a couple of consecutive years running. The dam is from one of the main established recognised breeders in this country who as it stands I speak to occasionally.
    so after a viewing with the mrs. I was hooked. Didn't take much to persuade the mrs either. Thankfully we both agreed on the same pup. The owners were amazing, hospaltality was outstanding no rush asking questions. Had all paper work ready to show us inc Lafora tests and Pra. Showing full breeding lines on both sire and dam.

So after another chat with the mrs we are collecting him in two weeks. My oldest teckel is at a very good standard, my second is not as good as I was hoping however she is cracking at flushing inc very responsive to the whistle. Nest of both worlds really. But my new addition I'm really going to work harder on him.

Now comes the fun but hard part. What to call him, ideas are welcome but I'm picky. I like tradition names so spending time googling inc looking for meanings to the names.

Suggestions welcome and I'll post pictures etc upon collection. I'm going to set a blog effect up or bump the post up to keep all informed inc my current teckls.

Names suggestions........

Ragnor or Loki
    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, however, you can f**k it around until it's thirsty" Anon

Well Weeman, good for you. The one I got recently has the kennel name of Bomber and I'll tell you it's very appropriate! I've never had a dog with so much energy.
    Naturally we have given him a traditional Scottish name, which, at the minute, 13 weeks, he responds to when he can be bothered, but every day he gives us great pleasure.
    You have fun and thanks for all your help and advice.

Good work, with three you can start your own driven hunts!

Can't help you with names, mine are all Russian.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Blaser R93 - Retired now and probably Moshe Dayan's last choice of hunting rifles.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Spike or Little F
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Oi or Come Back as that seems to be the most used in and around the shoots I have been on lol

Stalking is very much like going to the night club

The more times you go, there is always a chance of going home with one

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

I'm warming to Hector

They are just great characters and little sods at time as I'm sure you know, as for names, we called ours Harley and it really suits him!