Thread: Binos with built in range finder ......... or separate???

Account Suspended

Binos with built in range finder ......... or separate???

Hiya Guys,

I could do with a little guidance from you guys please, I am looking at getting some binoculars and a range finder to help me accurately assess ranges when stalking.

I am looking currently looking at Swarovski, zeis, leica and leupold, and I am not sure which one to go for, In addition I am also looking to get a range finder and am interested in the Leica Geovids which offer top notch binos with a range finder built in.

I am not sure whether the Leicas would be a good buy or whether I would do better buying separate binos and range finder.

Can you offer your opinions on separate or all in one solutions to my quandry and different manufacturers to look at for the best options please?

Thanks guys.

Leica Geovids for me, also have a look at the bino's round the neck in pics on here, lots of Geovids, If you can stretch the wallet a little it has to be the combined bino / rangefinder, I also like the idea of ranging scopes, but thats no good for glassing is it!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I am in the same situation, hmmmmm, what to do!

I have used the Leica Geovids and thought they were great, expensive though!

I have read several threads on this topic and experienced guys advice is generally to buy the best and buy it once! It seems probably only to buy once in your life!

Here is a link to some Geovids on Ebay,

There is also a dealer selling some from the states, i think you have to pay import duty on these.

I am going to do some more homework and will commit at the CLA gamefair if i can get a bit of a deal.

And the misses isn't with me!!

Geovids, 10x42's HD's expensive but worth every penny, in fact indispensible.

I have an old Leica LRF 800 bought s/h many years ago. A couple of years ago I treated myself to a Leica CRF 1200, which has the advantage over the older model of being waterproof. The CRF goes to the highlands, the LRF does rabbits, which I tend not to do in the rain. Also handy on country walks, to help sharpen range-guessing abilities.

I can see that the built-in ones would be very handy, but I use 10x32 on the hill and 7x42, sometimes 8x56, in woods, so I upgrading to built-in across the board would be vastly expensive; and, I feel, not altogether necessary.