I have a Sako A7 in 308 (from new) and its accuracy has been giving me trouble for some time.
The ammo I use is Sako 150g Superhammer Head and of late the grouping has been getting bigger and bigger.
I finally decided to strip off the scope mounts (Optilocks) and weaver bases. I found the screw securing the rings on the optilock bases were loose as were the screws securing the weaver bases to the action (which the rifle came fitted with).
I have 2 questions;
1, Should I be using a Locktite type product on the Optilock ring/bases/screws, however I don't do this on any of my other rifles.
2, Should I be using Locktite type product or glue on the factory fit weaver bases to actually affix the 2 bases to rifle.
I am weary of using Locktite on screw threads because of the difficulty I have experienced in the past in getting screws undone after.
Thanks for you help and advice.