Dsc 1

WARDY1

Looking to do this before the end of summer can anyone recommend anywhere to do it.

Based in Doncaster but can travel.

Cheers

Steve

I can recommened the course at Donington Deer Management. I did it last year, it appears expensive initially but it was great fun and well worth the extra cost to do the course rather then assesment only. Included in the course fees was all food, exams fees, tuition, deer park tour etc... so in the end it works out very well priced indeed...

I did it with BDS at Ilkley run by Vince Reynolds. It was well run and I would recommend it.

I too did it with Vince at Ilkley ;) and the BDS

A well run and well paced, I did the 4 day course. I know they also have offered two weekend blocks, first is the classroom lessons and the second is the range and safety day then the written test day........

I did it with Vince at Ilkley over the two weekends aswell.

It was an excellent course and well presented aswell as Vince and helpers making it fun.

Also the experience of shooting down the tunnels is something to remember !

Highly recommended.

I remember doing the simulated stalk, through a nice chunk of woodland on the edge of the deer park, well laid out for all the criteria in the written tests, then out the other side to be "patted down" for biscuits, by Henry the young deer, live firing took place in a great set up in a steep fold in the terrain, with David sat on the tailboard of his "well polished" Subaru pickup, while he examined fall of shot through the glass, I was using his "work" rifle from it's stowage in the pickup, pretty well marked about, but a real tack driver, with a classic German post reticle............... the food provided was top class, served at the family table with all the family present.http://www.<b>doningtondeermanagement</b> -doningtonparkdeer.co.uk/services.htm -

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine with John Bridges at Clitheroe in Lancs a one day course with Peter bursglove from Basc you have to study at home but what a great day and you get out of it what you put in

ATB Mark

Back