Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stealth b2 bomber

stealth b2 bomber

anyone else seen the stealth b2 bomber flying about its just gone over my house heading i suppose for briese norton certainly an awsome looking peice of kit never seen one before

Sshh it's a secret they usually come and go in the dark

Bringing the nukes back, I dare say.......
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post

A bit early init, we're still in the EU,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

How could you see it? Isn't it invisible?

All joking aside I believe they aren't as stealthy in the rain
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Saw one years ago but the press department had made the information public as it was flying from Kentucky to drop something on the now closed Wainfleet bombing range in Lincolnshire.

It so happened that we were coming out of a pub north of Boston after a shoot breakfast when it went over. Even knowing what it was it still looked very sinister - am sure these were often mistaken for UFOs before they were made public.

It turned on its edge and practically 'disappeared' and was a hot topic of conversation all day.

Lots of bombers of the large american type at fairford at the mo, some B52 bombers as well

Current Military Photography Home to the Military Aviation Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Had a friend that was a B2 aircraft commander. He would say that when he was armed and airborne he qualified as the 8th most powerful country in the world based on the nuke load.

yes they are an interesting aircraft but they are actually somewhat boring to watch. If you want to see a nuclear capable bomber that is also fast and maneuverable, although much less stealthy, then the B1 is for you.

The B2 is also used to deliver conventional bombs at low level and pinpoint accuracy, as in flying right into Baghdad a few hundred feet up, undetected, with a guided JDAM.

I worked on the first modern B1, the second generation, after Reagan revived it. Terrain hugging on autopilot at 600+ MPH, shows up unannounced with tons of HE and cluster bombs. Just to climb around inside it on the ground, to look out the open bay doors makes my hair stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    Sshh it's a secret they usually come and go in the dark
    I was fishing on the west side of the hebrides a few days after the Twin Towers came down and just after the sun set a large flock of stealth bombers (Don't ask what type as I know nothing about them other than that they don't look like conventional aircraft) came over our heads. They were quite a long way up, though nowhere near as high as the commercial transatlantic flights, so the sun was still hitting them which really made them stand out. They aren't good for the trout fishing as I didn't catch much. However, I guess the plan was that they would be flying over most of the populated parts of the UK in the dark.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit: