Hi from North Lincolnshire

Coleman21d

Hi,

New member here. 25 years old from North Lincolnshire. Been into shooting since a very early age, runs in the family. Had shotguns for many years and used rifles for the last 10 but only just got firearms certificate at Xmas.

Current guns;
Beretta SV10 12g Shotgun
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .222
CZ 452 .22LR

Currently used for rabbits, small vermin and foxing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433957287.607386.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433957306.897619.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433957345.315451.jpg

Also have an addiction for land rovers. Current mode of transport and lamping 4x4.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433957449.010272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433957494.454491.jpg

Future plans are to maybe expanding into the deer stalking sector, hence why I'm browsing here. Hope to chat to you all soon.

Thanks Daniel

Welcome mate, just up the road from me and a couple of others. You'll get loads of help and advice from on here..... enjoy

Greetings from just over the bridge.....enjoy the forum, lots of good folk on here.

Regards Rob.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Currently off work sick so having too much time to sit and browse. I have been shopping for new gear.

Just bought a new jacket for year round shooting. After extensive searching, reviews and trying them on. I settled on a Harkila Pro Hunter X. Feels great quality not too heavy and fits really well. Hopefully provides me with many years service.

Need to allow the bank balance the grow again. Time to slow down lol.

Not much been happening recently. Keep nipping out round our permission with the lamp to try and get used to it before harvest. Too much cover around at the moment.

Decided I'm going to B&Q to buy some stakes tomorrow. Going to make my self a set of quad shooting sticks. See how I get on.

Also been looking and researching into the Yukon Photon XT 6.5x50 NV scope. I may take a chance on one with an extra IR Illuminator. See if it enables us to get some awkward bunnies and foxes. Will let this develop over the coming months.

Well went and sat out in the truck tonight for an hour. And surprisingly the end result is as follows:

Well I've taken the leap and joined the Yukon Photon Club. I got the 6.5x50 with a pulsar x850 Ir Illuminator. Going in to my local gun shop tomorrow to get a Picatinny rail for the tikka t3. Then I can get it zero'd in and test it properly.

Well got everything mounted up as required.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437394521.517626.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437394535.751096.jpg

Went out yesterday to zero them both in. Conditions weren't the best but managed to get them nearly on the bull with a 2.5" group at 100 yards. Today's weather was much better. So been back out to carry on. Got the S+B grouping about an inch at 100 yards and the Photon grouping at an inch and a half. Pretty happy with that. The farmer has started harvesting a little bit of barley so hopefully have some stubble to lamp and stalk for some foxes within the coming weeks.

I’ve just come across this thread of mine again and I’ve noticed it needs an overhaul. The night vision, tikka and Land Rover have gone.

I’ve introduced my fiancée to, our world of, shooting and she’s really taken to it. And is a member of the Shotgun and Chelsea Bun Club.

Our cabinet currently holds the .22, 2x shotguns and my pride and joy, my S&L classic. It’s currently a .22-250 and we have a slot available for a 7x57 which I hope to fill as soon as possible. Pictures to follow:

We currently still only shoot game, vermin and foxes on our permission as the farmer won’t allow the deer to be controlled. However back in April 2017 we stalked the Hockwold Wood Scheme with BASC as we are both members. We both really enjoyed it and are keen to get out and do more this year and beyond.

I’ve detailed our BASC Scheme experiences in the thread below:

BASC Hockwold Scheme

We are both hoping to find some ground close to home to stalk or a syndicate to join in the near future, fingers crossed. We are also looking at taking our DSC 1.

The last addition to our family is our much loved 6 month old Bavarian Mountain Hound. He’s been on a single tracking training day up in the Scottish Borders and will continue to attend and hopefully become a great tracker. He shows great potential already.

If anyone has any deer skin, feet free to a good cause, to help him continue to progress please get in touch.

Thanks Daniel

27b5a2fcf5631eb658c6fa46a7a14efc.jpg

5856e1a86fcc90070f93972cfbaf2126.jpg

3d6cf653edd54e85036d74ad3f055b94.jpg

6518a117d38b22298e92a4ac16aec237.jpg

Back