Pulsar 550 nightvision

Sus scrofa

Has anybody experienced any issues or problems with the pulsar 550 night vision scopes. I'm interested as I've had to that have turned toes up on me with internal circuit board problems.

cheers, Gerry

I used one on a .223 for 4 years foxing with no problems, then it started switching itself off/losing sight picture under recoil. Was told it would have to be sent back to Russia for repair and it would take about 3-4 months! So I use it now on a 22lr and due to no recoil it's fine.

Foosa, that's what's happened to both of mine under recoil. Screen goes black and then started shifting zero slightly. First one replaced under warranty, they're not so keen to stand by the second one though

Yep, that's the one. Screen goes black then comes back on slowly after every shot. Mine was out of warranty and I didn't fancy sending it back to Russia so it's just being used on the 22lr. I'm using a home build unit now for the foxing that works just as well, as long as the ir is up to it. (Nm 800).

Hi mate
I use my 550 as a spotter, recoil is a killer. I tried a photon but that died quickly they replaced it under warranty but obviously it no use to me as the recoil will trash it again.

I've stuck with my ps22 but only on the 30.06 not brave enough to see if it sticks the recoil on the 375. I like the digital idea as its useable if a boar comes before dark but I wont buy another until I'm convinced about it sticking the high recoil of the bigger cal's

I spoke to a guy at Night vision gear UK the other day they are about to release a upgraded version of there front mounted digital unit which doesn't need zeroing like the DFA could be interesting.

I think the 550s are like home computers, fours years of use and the internal time bomb kicks in making it play up. Out last night with mine and the reticle disappeared after a shot then came back on screen and that's on a .22.

I spoke to a guy at Night vision gear UK the other day they are about to release a upgraded version of there front mounted digital unit which doesn't need zeroing like the DFA could be interesting.

i wish someone would just release a good dfa. it would sure save all this messing around.

Back