How many ?

chill123

It's ****ing down with rain so I decided to tidy the shed out . I have counted 3pair of boots ,7coats ,3 waistcoats and 3pair of over trousers . All of the clothes are in good working order .
My girlfriend asked me why so many ? Is there anyone else out there who has a similar problem ?

Chill

It's ****ing down with rain so I decided to tidy the shed out . I have counted 3pair of boots ,7coats ,3 waistcoats and 3pair of over trousers . All of the clothes are in good working order .
My girlfriend asked me why so many ? Is there anyone else out there who has a similar problem ?

Chill

What, with girlfriends asking daft questions? ;) Next she'll be asking you why you need so many rifles :eek:. From there it's a slippery slope to marriage and having to provide a full inventory and "good reason" :D

Jackets - I've lost count, probably around 20 if I include stalking, game shooting and fishing, but then you can never have too many jackets!
Boots - 7 or 8 pairs, plus a couple of pairs of wellies
Overtrousers - only a couple of pairs, but perhaps double that if I include beating leggings
Waistcoats - maybe half a dozen?

Last edited:

Chill

I know the feeling well mate. Whenever I get that from the wife all I do is to take her gently by the hand, lead her into the bedroom, sit her down on the bed and then

Open her wardrobe door and calmly say "Pardon"?

Haha. Let's face it, if there's a few shillings spare, there's nothing better than splashing out on a new bit of clobber for your sport. You may well have all you need already, but they will wear out and that latest sale (isn't there always one on the go) at John Norris's has that just irresistible item.

But you do get to the stage where to wear out all your clothes and footwear, you'll have to live to around 200! And that's if you stop buying. Otherwise you'll have to live forever. Hmm....perhaps retail therapy is the reason why women live longer!

Haha. Let's face it, if there's a few shillings spare, there's nothing better than splashing out on a new bit of clobber for your sport. You may well have all you need already, but they will wear out and that latest sale (isn't there always one on the go) at John Norris's has that just irresistible item.

But you do get to the stage where to wear out all your clothes and footwear, you'll have to live to around 200! And that's if you stop buying. Otherwise you'll have to live forever. Hmm....perhaps retail therapy is the reason why women live longer!

If if only John Norris did sofas.......

Stan

I am slowly reducing my inventory of everything non essential to shooting. It may take some time......
despite getting rid of loads and load. In the end I chucked a load into a box and passed it to a gunship and said give me some money.
now having gone through a pile of boxes...... I have found even more stuff.

Clothing I have plenty off and won't need to buy any for a year or so. Ish..... Except for some important stuff of course.

i have noticed that I need a lot less these days.
although, I need 1 more scope and range finding binos, vital bits of kit, couldn't possibly live without. You just don't understand, I need them really need them. Can't you understand that, it is impossible to live without them..

WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?

I encourage the mrs to have more foot ware, jackets etc than myself then there can be know altercation.
should I add taxidermy she receives something new to keep her sweet.

Which reminds me."............

Back