Stolen high seats

Howzat

After losing the stalking on a large farm near Wyle Wiltshire, went to collect
my high seats and two of them near the boundry were gone,what sort of
people doe we have in the stalking fratternity?.
howzat

Not neccessarily the Stalking Fraternity.
Could be Anti's, scrap merchants or just busy bodys so called tidying up the countryside (that's what they say when caught:fib:)
Sorry to hear about your loss tho, it's sickening when that happens.
I had nine newly made dustbin pheasant feeders full of wheat stolen, from the sunday I put them down, to the Wednesday when I went to check them and not a grain of wheat spillt on the ground, that took some planning, so it just shows, you don't know who is about these days.
I hope you have some luck in finding your seats but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Eddy McC

I use Cobra security cables, the 5m ones, and a good padlock on my seats.

I am sorry to hear of your problem. Paul at PD high seats has had to make some all in one high seats, as opposed to his multi sectioned ones, because one of his better known customers kept getting her high seats nicked. They are even nicking manhole covers round here. Anything the pikeys can flog to the scrapman has to be well secured or it's gone!

ft

*******s, Some folk will steal a saddle off a nightmare, scum of the earth.

I presume they were the quick erect metal type and easily moved.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that!! It makes the blood boil!! I have chained and padlocked my high seat!!

Last year we had partridge pens stolen, they took the birds, feeders, drinkers, the lot!! No one ever knows a thing!!

Not to mention the two quads that were stolen!!

If i ever find out who had them or who owns them now i would have no hesitation in informing the police and helping them as much as i could!!:evil:

During the last F&M outbreak I was told to keep off my patch. When I was allowed back on some scr*te had had my portable high seat away, chain (which would have towed the Titanic), padlock and all. Thank goodness for insurance.

I make mine out of wood they cost me about £50 each but would still be ****ed off if they got nicked but at least it wouldnt hit me in the pocket so much,Nothing metal is safe nowadays

I had a wooden lean to disapear about 300yds from farm,worth nothing ratchet strap was worth more. Middle of no where they would have had to walk 3 fields, even farmer couldn't believe it.

i just finished making a metal double freestander. legs all one piece so its going to be a bugger to move specifically to make it hard to nick. learned a couple of things while making it 1) dont weld in flip flops 2) dont look at the arc with naked eye.

i just finished making a metal double freestander. legs all one piece so its going to be a bugger to move specifically to make it hard to nick. learned a couple of things while making it 1) dont weld in flip flops 2) dont look at the arc with naked eye.
:lol: LOL

I know exactly what you mean. I tried to make a couple of deer gates which resulted in me trying to weld and learned a few things in the process. Didnt weld in flip flops but did without a glove and figured that was probably a mistake.

I'm afraid no chain is big enough as there is a bigger steelsaw that will cut through it with a Diamond blade.

I've made a load of butt type seats out of wood recently, you wouldn't believe what l've had to do to get them to stop wandering.....12" 10mm Timber lock screws seem to be the best bet till the seats are just straight cut-up by some Ar*e.

Two patches keep with these seats for Munties keep ending up in ditches.......pain in the back-side till i catch them!

The only thing to do is to get insurance - but who would insure £50's worth of wood that looks like a seat on legs!!

T

Back