What rifle shall I get in 30-06

Ruger American, the Savage Edge, and the Marlin XL7 all are bargains - shoot well, light weight, really good triggers, blue or stainless (under $300 in the USA).

Well I went for a cz550 ebony edition. Very happy with it. Will post some pics if I get a min.
cheers

image.jpg I pillar bedded after after putting about ten shots through it and tweaked the trigger. Shoots the odd thumbnail sized groups on factory ammo now. Probably strip an tru oil the stock at some point.
Just noticed I said I wanted an all weather type of thing - guess I couldn't resist a nice bit of wood!

guess I couldn't resist a nice bit of wood!

Who hit you on the head and brought you to your senses then? :doh:

Nice looking rifle and by the sounds of it shoots pretty OK to! Thanks for sharing :thumb:.

Any rifle you can buy at a UK gun shop new whether it be Savage, Ruger, CZ, Browning, Merkel, Blaser, Sauer etc will shoot just fine. Any barrel length will be appropriate for any shot you are ever likely to take. Handle a few, see what you like and buy within your budget. Get a nice S&B, Zeiss or Swar and Bob is the proverbial. Honest, people spend more time debating than what it is worth. The difference between a Blaser and a Savage in real terms is ....money, both will do fine..marketing aside

Here is the truth of it all.

Any rifle you can buy at a UK gun shop new whether it be Savage, Ruger, CZ, Browning, Merkel, Blaser, Sauer etc will shoot just fine. Any barrel length will be appropriate for any shot you are ever likely to take. Handle a few, see what you like and buy within your budget. Get a nice S&B, Zeiss or Swar and Bob is the proverbial. Honest, people spend more time debating than what it is worth. The difference between a Blaser and a Savage in real terms is ....money, both will do fine..marketing aside

This is way too logical. Any gun nut will tell you that....:)

But, it's the truth. Over analyzing is a shared trait of gun nuts. That's where all the fun is. Nothing to talk about if we all just went to the store and bought a 30-06 with a 4X scope.

Oh, almost forgot,....get a 270.

A 270 ? Really ? Then why do you use a 280AI ? ........ good mourning .lol .

AB

because one of my sons wanted a 280AI and I had two actions, two barrels and the lathe was on and the reamer was on the bench....need I say more...?...:)

...and I do own a 270....a 1962 M70 Featherweight to be exact...:)

I'm at the shop today.

*Originally Posted by*Mungo*

T3 is a very good rifle, in any calibre.

But! in the UK, they only come with a 20 inch barrel, which really isn't enough to get the best out of a .30-06.

I'd very strongly recommend looking for something with at least a 22" but preferably a 24" barrel.
+1

But! in the UK, they only come with a 20 inch barrel, which really isn't enough to get the best out of a .30-06.

I'd very strongly recommend looking for something with at least a 22" but preferably a 24" barrel.
+1

I agree. This is partly why I went for the Cz in the pic which has a 24" barrel.

+1

sorry but not entirely correct, I have the T3 in 30-06 and its a 23.5" (600mm). its the varmint heavy barrel model so you may be meaning the T3lite?
very accurate rifle and with a PSE stock its not too heavy to carry around, they have my vote!

Back