Thanks pietasvenatores

norma 308

If I've learnt anything about gunsmiths and stockers then a good jobs worth waiting for ,here's a few pics of my L61R stock Peter has given a makeover .

IMG_0237.JPG

The rifle although old hadn't had much use (18 rounds ) when I got hold of it so the stock was in good order but it had a horrid grip cap which Peter changed to ebony ,he stripped the stock and reoiled it bringing out the grain
Im very pleased with the result and can say the sako is just how I like it now .im looking forward to the hinds in the borders with it now .
cheers Norma

Last edited:
Wow, great job. Peter is doing a shotgun stock for me just now, am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out, but if it's even half s good as that I will be very pleased! :thumb:

ooooh, I like the natural wood grain and the tone. Makes we want to leave work and go dabble on my L61R stock project.
Do you know what kind of oil finish he used? How long did it take to refinish?

ooooh, I like the natural wood grain and the tone. Makes we want to leave work and go dabble on my L61R stock project.
Do you know what kind of oil finish he used? How long did it take to refinish?
Thanks southern ,not sure on the oil used Peter may come on and enlighten us but it took approx 8 weeks I think like I said smiths and stockers can't be rushed and good in both usually have many things going at the same time .
the stock wasn't an original sako factory issue but one Hollands fitted to the reworked / blued action and barrel it looks even better in the flesh and has had very little use .
Norma

Last edited:
Back