Bushnell binos and rangefinder binos

oager

Hello - anyone got experience with Bushnell optics - especially the Elite 8 x 42s or the rangefinding current models?
Any info appreciated, many thanks.

Hello - anyone got experience with Bushnell optics - especially the Elite 8 x 42s or the rangefinding current models?
Any info appreciated, many thanks.

I use the Bushnell 'Trophy Bone Collection' 10x42 binoculars. They are small, light, and do the job well for me, my main pair for walking/stalking.
My other pair (Steiner Marine 7x50) is slightly superior in bad light but much larger and heavier, so it comes out when I plan to sit in a high seat without too much stalker.
Everything is always a compromise.... (Price/quality/weight)

I've just parted with a pair of Bushnell Elite ED 10x42s, latest updated Elite model, ED glass & improved coatings, Jap made, high QC., quite compact (useful if you have small hands), smooth and very fast focus on my pair, large focus wheel with non-locking dioptre (good fit with gloved hands).

Rather than offering indented stops the eye cups are easy twist and can be set to suit. Packing the eye cup level with a O-ring will give you a permanent setting. The view offers a reasonable “sweet spot” to about 65% of the image and the fall off in sharpness from the centre is comparable both side to side and top to bottom. The coatings to the objectives are green and heavy, which looks just great when held up against the background in the field (this may appeal to the chronically over engineered ;)).

Would be a good match with a Bushnell Elite scope. Case doesn't have belt hoops.

Bushnell are owned by Vista Outdoor, a spin off from ATK. Vista Outdoor also own Simmons, Tasco, Weaver, Millett, and Night Optics.

HTH, S.

View attachment 58403

Very useful. I've tested a pair of Minox - the £400 models - and was impressed, but have heard positive noises about Bushnell which i haven't tried but have been offered at a bit less.
Anyone experienced the rangefinders - the Fusion 1 mile? Apparently the rangefinding is pretty good but on the earlier models the glass was significantly below European (but pricier) models.

Forgive me for waking this thread up again after a couple of very useful contributions, but I'm particularly interested in views on the recent rangefinder Bushnells if anyone's tried or bought a pair...

Back