I,m glad the wife saw them

alan

While traveling down south on the M6 bypass near Birmingham, just staring out of the coach window I spotted two deer on the side of the motorway. Now I haven,t a clue what they were....
one was male the other female, same colour as a red, same size as a red as well, but the male had the head of an Impala. Very long swept back single antlers.
tese beasts didn't look anything like a Sika or a fallow.
I,m just glad my Missus spotted them at the same time or I would be thinking IWas seeing things.
Question is, is there a safari park in that area or has anyone else seen them as they didn't seem put off by the traffic.
regards
alan

Only 2? There is a herd of about 30/50, that will on packington estate "Lord Gurnsey", near junction 2-3a on the m6

Only 2? There is a herd of about 30/50, that will on packington estate "Lord Gurnsey", near junction 2-3a on the m6

Herd of about 300 Fallow in Packington Park all melanistic no other colour. Can be seen on both sides of M6 near Coleshill M42 junction. Not so many outside the park nowadays.
As said nearest reds Pailton/Rugby big deer farm. Plenty of Roe in the area.
If on Toll road near Cannock could be either Red or Fallow both on Cannock Chase and surrounding area, Fallow every colour you can think of.

Sounds like you were on the Toll Road, we have seen reds by the service area grazing by the filling station on quite a few occaisions.Wf1

Thanks folks.
could easily have been reds except for the antlers.
i,ve seen a lot of switch heads in my time but nothing like this one.
but then I have never seen reds in England.
regards
alan

Back