London meet?

Grandhubert

Would any of the members like to arrange a London and environs meet?

I know at least 4 stalkers and big-game hunters in London, perhaps we should meet for beer and curry or something?

A

Likewise,
I live just outside, but I'm in town most days. Would love to put some more faces to names. Please add me to the list and keep me posted.
Mark

Will hold it at my club house if you wish, could curry up a leg of fallow. Can sleep up to eight in beds more with the floor. No doubt some of my club members will be there too. About 25 mile north of London.
Paul GAP 180

After a night of beer and curry can you imagine the Blazing Saddles overture in the morning? :D ehehe

Sounds good, I'm up for a meet.

Will hold it at my club house if you wish, could curry up a leg of fallow. Can sleep up to eight in beds more with the floor. No doubt some of my club members will be there too. About 25 mile north of London.
Paul GAP 180
Thats a very generous offer Munty1 and one I hope we can take you up on as this would be an exellent venue for a club meet,I believe Grand Hubert knows the venue well.
Curried Fallow sounds great along with some of Alans slow gin we may need all of those beds

Hi lads, my apologies for the tardiness of this reply but I have literally just got back from a weekend's stalking in Argyll with a few boys on this site!

The ticks are already out in force by the way, I've only just finished hunting the buggers down...:mad::mad:

Thanks to all for the response it would be great to put names to faces and generally have a good **** taking/tip swapping/more **** taking/getting to know you session.

Now that the numbers are there I think we need to talk about locations and times, I had envisaged this as a after-work affair, probably on a week day so that the maximum number of people can make it. I am operating under the assumption that co-ordinating a weekend meet will be as difficult for most as it would be for me, let me know what you think lads.

Paul, that is a very kind offer, let's throw it open to the floor and see what works for people. I know just the lodge you mean! ;):cool::cool:

Pm me contact details to me chaps and we'll start arranging it, to getr the ball rolling the next free date I can make is next wednesday, though i'm away for a couple of weeks after that. I was thinking something near one of the big train stations in deference to our commuters?

ATB,

Amir

Folks, all sound good we are about 4 miles from the nearest train station, I can arrange a cab at your expense, there is a watering hole near the train station. I will need about a month to arrange it but cannot give you a date yet as I will not know what dates are available for three weeks.

Hi guys - I'm in central London so a meet up would be great.

Happy to do a quick run out to Hertfordshire to Paul's lodge or meet at a grotty old man pub in town.

Best

Gabriel

Right chaps things have been going on behind the scenes and a few options have emerged that I would like feedback on.

For those chaps that don't know about Munty1's place it is a hunting lodge not too far from London that would be a very cool place to have an evening out in the company of like minded folk, he needs a month's notice but I would say to go ahead and definitely arrange a meet at his place at some point.

Whilst that is being fleshed out I suggest we meet up for a mid-week pint just for the craic and would suggest either Wednesday 28th or Friday 30th ( though for reasons I will go into later I would much prefer the Friday ) of this month at the Red Lion on Crown Passage http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Crown%20Passage&sll=51.513264,-0.130193&sspn=0,359.99279&layer=tc&ll=51.514191,-0.124905&spn=0,359.99279&z=17&cbll=51.514692,-0.124805&panoid=CtlX_GqMCpK4c2EnLPYrOw&cbp=12,174.9501329102721,,1,13.705357142857142&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

From 6-7 pm onwards. Please let me know which dates people prefer.

There is one final option, I have taken the liberty of inviting stalkers and big game hunters not on this site to the meet on the basis of the more merrier and in the interests of anecdote potential . The gentleman with whom I have booked a trip to Africa this August turns out to have some land with fallow on it in East Sussex that need culling before season ends and had initially invited me out on Wednesday to have a session out in the high seat.

The long and the short of it is that he agrees that bums on seats are the way forward here and so the option is there if we can get a team of reasonably experienced, safe rifles together and have a session on the fallow on Wednesday night for free! :cool: He can accommodate 6 comfortably so if the interest is there please be quick on this one and we can grab a cheeky one next week! Dinner and a pint in the pub across the road afterwards and I and probably at least one other guy will be driving back into London afterwards. Needless to say I'm liking this option.

Just to emphasise this is an absolutely free cull evening out on the high seat, all the usual rules apply and the man's rules are final. Give me a ring or drop me a pm if you need more info.

We can of course do all three!:lol:

Pms replied to chaps, I still need contact details from a few.

Looks like the stalking is on for next week, places are running out fast however!:eek:

Back