Scopes

cowsmart

Having over spent my cash allowance for the next 3 years (according to her that must be obeyed ) I have a problem....just acquired a .22-250 browning a- bolt and need a scope for her, daisy her sister .270 a-bolt has a meopta 6-18x50 and love it. But uttings don't do meopta and so to get round the misses and use the zero % finance option I have to choose another ..must be 25 mm tube as that is what daffodil has on her, kind of narrowed it down to either a Khales KX 3.5-10x50 or a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x50...now I hate thick cross hair scopes with a passion, has anyone used either of the above or recommend a similar scope uttings do in 25mm in the £500-800 range...kind regards Lee

have had several VX3's
they are well made and solid, all metal, have some nice features like the screw in Alumina lens covers

I found the eye relief when zooming a bit fussy (usually is though I believe)
They are clear in all but the darkest conditions but I would guess that the Kahles glass will beat it on light transmission...gut feel rather than experience

if it means anything i sold all my leupolds.........
now have fixed meoptas on as many things as possible!

Having over spent my cash allowance for the next 3 years (according to her that must be obeyed ) I have a problem....just acquired a .22-250 browning a- bolt and need a scope for her, daisy her sister .270 a-bolt has a meopta 6-18x50 and love it. But uttings don't do meopta and so to get round the misses and use the zero % finance option I have to choose another ..must be 25 mm tube as that is what daffodil has on her, kind of narrowed it down to either a Khales KX 3.5-10x50 or a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x50...now I hate thick cross hair scopes with a passion, has anyone used either of the above or recommend a similar scope uttings do in 25mm in the £500-800 range...kind regards Lee
What is wrong with you? Names for rifles? Flower names? Man up for goodness sake, you are letting the side down. No wonder swmbo is in charge!

What is wrong with you? Names for rifles? Flower names? Man up for goodness sake, you are letting the side down. No wonder swmbo is in charge!
Botany is for real men: Pussy willow, clitoris bulbaris.....swweeet
Go for the Kahles, I have some pre-Swaro ones, shouldn't think the quality has dropped.

I had a VX3 3.5-10x50 which came on a rifle I bought. I sold the scope to a friend, because I like a slimmer scope, but is was very nice. I also wanted a gloss scope to go on the high gloss finish rifle.

My friend does a lot of hunting over large broken woods with some small crop patches, where most of the shots are early morning or just at sunset. He has it on an A-Bolt II in 7mm Rem Mag. He really likes it.

It has a normal duplex, which is pretty fine at the center, but sharp enough to see when the sun is gone behind the trees.. It comes in Duplex, Heavy Duplex, and Boone & Crockett BDC reticles.
Leupold Optics VX-3 3.5-10x50mm - | Leupold Optics

Well bit the bullet and went for a leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50 with varmint ret from uttings...£859.99 ..applied for finance and within 3 secs it was back declined!....tried again same result....oh well ....anyway my mate came round and said try Glasgow angling centre....same scope £600 same finance company same information and approved????....within 5 minutes Glasgow angling centre rang me to say scope was being posted this afternoon...guess who will get my future custom ?

Well bit the bullet and went for a leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50 with varmint ret from uttings...£859.99 ..applied for finance and within 3 secs it was back declined!....tried again same result....oh well ....anyway my mate came round and said try Glasgow angling centre....same scope £600 same finance company same information and approved????....within 5 minutes Glasgow angling centre rang me to say scope was being posted this afternoon...guess who will get my future custom ?

My head is spinning and it aint the heat!

K

Hi
Optic warehouse do interest free finance and they carry Meopta. I've just came off their website as I was looking at IOR glass. Just a suggestion.
Cheers
reiverxxv

Back