Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your opinions on current CZ rifles over yonder?

What are your opinions on current CZ rifles over yonder?

I picked up a .22 455 American bolt with 16 inch barrel a while back and it is a fine rifle, smooth and well built with a crisp, light trigger and shoots as well as I can point it. The CZ rifles I've handled seem to be a class above other modern production rifles in a comparable price range I've seen produced in the states. What's your view? Thinking about a CZ with the international stock at some point.

Hi Sharptop, I have the CZ 452 American Stock in .22 and CZ 455 in .17hmr in Thumbhole Stock, have used .22 and find it an excellent rifle and the .17 Thumbhole is a bit heavier but hand position is really good for me. Ps both are in 16" barrel

Years ago CZs were looked upon as being a bit "agricultural" today they are well finished and very accurate rifles. Another maker that seems to have raised its game is Weihrauch.

I have a 452 varmint in HMR,511 in .22LR, new 527 in .223, old 527 in .22H (my favourite rifle) and 550 in 6.5x55. Havent had a chance to properly test the .223 but all of the others are shooters.

I have the 452 Varmint that I use for Lightweight Sporting Rifle comps at the club and with moderator as my bunny gun. It out shoots me any day of the week. A number of my fellow club members have this rifle in various guises and I have never heard anything but praise for them. Considering the price it must be one of the most versatile and reliable rifles in its class (if not in a class of its own). Leaving aside the snobbery of some for their (much) more expensive/ style/ accurate(?)/ and simply "better than yours", this is probably the most used gun in the cabinet and probably the last to go.

they are very good rifles but my only complaint is the triggers on them they just arnt as good as they used to be

I have a cz452 varment in 22lr and cant praise it enough for the money it is fantastic value and accurate In my job I get to shoot a lot of different makes in all calibres and I think cz offer a product now that compares with a lot of others that cost twice as much

i have a 17hmr 452 varmint good trigger solid cant fault it ,,,or the ammo so far touch wood,

I have a couple of .22's one set up for day one set up with NV. Also have a .17hmr and think they are all very good value for money and accurate rifles for bunny bashing etc. Ive had no issues with mine

They are awesome value for money! Absolute sturdy reliable workhorses. Trigger kits are available at fairly low cost.
    I would say they account for the vast majority of .22LR in the UK.