Thread: What ammo for range use and where in north east to get best deal

What ammo for range use and where in north east to get best deal

Hello all i am brand new to range use and just heard that i have to use FMJ is this correct? if yes does anyone know who has the best deals in the north east. I heard privi were not very good(non available anyway. ps it s for 243. Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi, Yep if your target shooting the law (And most competitions) demand non expanding ammo so FMJ is the one to use, If you get a variation to use expanding ammo (I'm sure you will if you have a 243 and are on this site) then you can use that ammo to Zero your rifle at most ranges but not for competition use. I cant answer for the North East but if you want some good FMJ loaded ammo opposed to loading your own then search out Norma 80gr FMJ's. I have used them and got sub 1/2" at 100 from my SSG-59 P1 with a 1 in 10" twist. Everyone's rifle is different but they would be worth a look.

Try the Mayfair shoting centre in Sunderland, they are very helpful. Follow the link below.

Hope its of some use, they are also running with a full bore club shooting quite regularly at Ponteland

Just remember that before stalking with the rifle you will need to confirm and probably re-zero as it's highly likely that the differnt bullets will not shoot to the same point of aim.

Oh and you can thank our wonderful Police for this stupidity!

Military ranges & civilian shooters fmj only.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!