Scone 2015 - New spot for us

Moray Outfitting

Same every year - all of a sudden its manic packing for a fair.

We are at Scone again this year - but with a move. We will now be listed as Stalking School/ Moray Outfitting and the stand will be toward the top end of Gunmaker Row as opposed to previous years. This does mean that we no longer have the Dubarry Ladies camping behind us nor the outfit with the female sales team selling the leather type wellies. So fully understand if we dont see a lot of the usual visitors this year...

With no suggestion at all that such things will be any compensation; we will have the latest batch of Possum Hollow Bore Guides with us, a great many Z-Aim slings, a broad selection of Vortex binoculars, assorted cleaning bits and bobs and a selection of the new Monarch/Ogden Stag & Buck vehicle transport bags - no more sharing the car with ticks, keds et al ( unless you really want to ) and discrete egress of the carcase once you get home.

Only half kidding about the manic packing - so apologies in advance for delays in responding to mail etc until our return.

Buying, having a chat, getting diet tips, just being nosey - do stop by and say hello.:D

A few people have been in touch regards the Monarch Buck & Stag bags. Not sure on post placement - not an advert as such, but response to query from original post - but Admin please move as required.

At the risk of appearring to be attempting so kind of 'tease marketing', there simply isnt a lot I can put here at the moment. Its a project Rob discussed with us a while back and we have quietly tested some prototypes. Transpires first production batch available now and we are at Scone and Monarch not this year - so we are showing them on their behalf.

It is not intended as a drag bag, but as a blood/insect/ goo resistant transport bag. It will facilitate lifting carcases etc, but the main purpose is to offer a way to transport carcases - or wet/ muddy gear - in a vehicle without trashing the interior. Yet without the bulk of a carcase tray etc. It'll keep blood, keds, ticks etc or muddy gear away from your car, luggage, dog etc. Virtually disappears when not in use, allows shipping carcase from car to garage/ house when home without broadcasting to neighbours etc and much easier to carry than a carcase in three bin bags!

It was actually only this morning that I ( Andy ) saw the finished production versions and had the chance to picture. Typically no carcase to hand when you need one and substituting and biggest soft toy we had - a Purple Tigger - was just plain wrong on many levels :D. So pretty naff first pics - but here you go with what we had to hand -

Packed Buck Bag -
IMG_0329.jpg

Opened Buck Bag in back of a VW Touran with large Red Antler set and Compact Roe Sack for size illustration -
IMG_0328.jpg

Its not ventilated - not intended for long carriage of a hot carcase etc, but huge zip opening allows some airflow as required.

Both sizes £57.99. We'll have them on the stand.

Thanks.

I use one of these - and its great. Keeps the ticks and gore out of the car.

(The tease -marketing bit is the compact Roe Sack in the second picture - also a damn good bit of kit)

JabaliH - it's Mrs John's car - and we spent twenty minutes removing a protective layer of 42 fertiliser sacks just for the photo-shoot :D

We are at Scone again this year - but with a move. We will now be listed as Stalking School/ Moray Outfitting and the stand will be toward the top end of Gunmaker Row as opposed to previous years. This does mean that we no longer have the Dubarry Ladies camping behind us nor the outfit with the female sales team selling the leather type wellies. So fully understand if we dont see a lot of the usual visitors this year...

Always important to have good neighbours at these sorts of events isn't it! :D ;)

Definitely a better location, a better stall , BUT ! The same quality (abuse) from Andy !!

You seemed fairly busy on Friday . Hope the next two days are good for you .

CSL - no Dundee cake at Scone. I was going to write something pithy; but have to say we missed you guys! :oops:

243me - its not abuse, it's marketing 'patter'. By 10 AM Friday I was fried anyway and have no idea what I said to anyone! Saturday brought heavy rain - but strangely a better trading day - I think the rain meant only the serious ventured out. We had a spate of people turn up knowing exactly what they were after, going for it, then shooting off. Cleared by 4 and Sunday was quite nice - though some avenues were a bit too muddy by then - organisers getting better, but really need to jump on such things - prevention being ten times better than cure etc. In the end, Sunday turned out to be the best day of all in terms of trade.

Usual apologies to everyone/ anyone ignored. We go from becalmed to manic throughout the days. We may be traders, but still like to be polite ( unless you are 2434me :D ). We hate not being able to both serve people efficiently and give time for a chat. Its a difficult balance and one very hard to get right.

Of course Bogtrotter's narclepsy never helps - he'd been asleep centre stage for so long we 'had' to use him as a Z Aim sling mannequin.

Vortex - yes we had bino's with us and some Diamond Back range scopes. We've an outstanding order in for a number of Viper HS scopes and some PSTs - the best info we have is that they are 'in process'. The scopes we had were all gone by Saturday morning. In terms of the UK marketing structure, we can't really comment as to be honest with you, we're not sure at this moment! Hopefully Bentley in his new role can really help improve supply - particularly on the scope front. Strict from a lay-perspective, it seems that in popular models there simply isnt enough production to meet demand and that isn't recent. In desperation to try to help customers I've even trawled Bass Pro, Cabelas, Ebay etc for specific models. At such times, despite numerous adverts across the world, nowhere actually turned out to have an item to hand ready to ship.

CSL - no Dundee cake at Scone. I was going to write something pithy; but have to say we missed you guys! :oops:

As we have you. :D And now we know you guys appreciate quality crafted wellingtons perhaps JAYB can model something a little more 'boot'iful at Kelso next year?

:lol: :coat:

I think the fact that there's frustration at not being able to talk to everyone you want to is a sign you've turned up with the right products at the right price to be honest. :thumb:

hopefully see you guys at Kelso next year

Alex

Back