Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hi, Im Dave, from West Yorkshire. 42 years old. Ive been involved in various outdoor pursuits, like canoeing, wilderness travel, bushcraft courses, UK, and abroad, Arctic survival trapping courses, etc, done bit of longbow shooting with the NFAS, fly fishing for brownies in the Dales, Hunter Field Target with my air arms 400, and was directed to this forum, after I approached a member on the BCUK forum to ask about getting involved in Deerstalking.

So Im new to this, but will be looking to getting some training, pass my DSC1, and stalk roe, in Yorkshire. I'd also like to get my dog involved. So I'll be looking for a good school/mentor locally.

I hope I can make some worthy contributions to the site. And pick up lots of good advice.

If anyone has any good suggestions for me to contact please drop them in here.

Ive read that John, from yorkshiredeerstalking, has a good rep?

ATB, Dave.
    Last edited by Dave1973; 30-06-2015 at 18:35.

Welcome Dave, you won't go far wrong on here and there will be plenty of advice for you to consider.

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Dave.

Dave contacted me through Bushcraft UK. I've recommended he drops in here for advice and good stalking contacts to get him going in the right direction.

Please help him out.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Thanks for the welcome guys. [And cheers for your help Frank]
    Last edited by Dave1973; 01-07-2015 at 08:59.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome Dave. Good to see someone from Bushcraft uk. Now you can put the deer hides and antlers to good use!!

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will get lots of advice and help from the membership.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Welcome to the site,

Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERPIGEON View Post
    Welcome Dave. Good to see someone from Bushcraft uk. Now you can put the deer hides and antlers to good use!!
    Cheers Marouf, Yes! They will come in handy for all sorts no doubt. Im lokking forward to stacking up my freezer with venison mainly though.