Got a .204 reserved

Cyres

All,

I been after a 20 TAC and had great input from all of you however funds a little depleted due to US trip later this year.

Was down in Devon last week met up and had lengthy nice chat with Paddy and then off to Blue Fox Glade. Mate wanted a ruck of stuff and I was looking at the rifles as you do. Anyway stumbles accross a Savage Model 16 with a rifle Basics trigger fitted and its only shot 100 rounds, nice detachable 5 shot mag. I feel in love with it so deposit paid and will have to get it on my FAC which is just due for renewal.

What have I done!!!!

PS got a good high mag scope to go on it and looks like its going to have some dedicated NV as well.

D

It's a good move! I did the same but when I went to collect it the bolt had been swapped for a non-standard one, gits!

Oh well, I've got the slot waiting for the right one to come along....

Good luck with your new rifle! :)

I just ordered a Tikka T3 Varmint in 204. Looking forward to it arriving. Almost went for the Sako but thought I would go Tikka and GRS stock.

All,

I been after a 20 TAC and had great input from all of you however funds a little depleted due to US trip later this year.

Was down in Devon last week met up and had lengthy nice chat with Paddy and then off to Blue Fox Glade. Mate wanted a ruck of stuff and I was looking at the rifles as you do. Anyway stumbles accross a Savage Model 16 with a rifle Basics trigger fitted and its only shot 100 rounds, nice detachable 5 shot mag. I feel in love with it so deposit paid and will have to get it on my FAC which is just due for renewal.

What have I done!!!!

PS got a good high mag scope to go on it and looks like its going to have some dedicated NV as well.
:D
D

that was an expensive visit coming round here David :D
Regards pete

Pete,

Yes it was yours is a lovely bit of kit but I needed a light weight foxing rifle, have got a superb high mag scope to go on it and will fit a rail so can swap to NV set up. I was very impressed by the Savage Alluminium bedding system, small compact mag which is quite long so may get over the issues of over long .204 bullets and short mag length. Also this one has a rifle basics trigger fitted which is a good unit, so it was ment to be.

Yes my visit was v expensive as I ended up buying the big Diavari which is on my .243, brilliant bit of glass.

D

Pete,

Yes it was yours is a lovely bit of kit but I needed a light weight foxing rifle, have got a superb high mag scope to go on it and will fit a rail so can swap to NV set up. I was very impressed by the Savage Alluminium bedding system, small compact mag which is quite long so may get over the issues of over long .204 bullets and short mag length. Also this one has a rifle basics trigger fitted which is a good unit, so it was ment to be.

Yes my visit was v expensive as I ended up buying the big Diavari which is on my .243, brilliant bit of glass.

D

David sounds a nice set up have to arrange a meet up
somewhere with all the wee 20 Tac 204 owners
regards Pete

Thats sounds a really good idea, post harvest would be great, I have just got 500 water ballons which make great targets, is there anywhere we could get out to say 300 yds with a safe backstop?

We could make an afternoon/BBQ sort of event.

D

David sounds a nice set up have to arrange a meet up
somewhere with all the wee 20 Tac 204 owners
regards Pete

Every year the Soap Creek Prairie Dog Association meets in my neck of the woods. Last year 204, 20 Tactical, and 20 Practical were all on the firing line together. It was interesting.~Muir

Back