HSF Summit Stalker Tree Ladder High Seats

fern

Hi Does any one on here have any experience with these seats that are offered at a discount price from the Sportsman's ?

Any advice welcomed

Poorly designed in that the shooting rail is too low, can be adapted but too much of a faff for the non technical amongst us.

F

They are absolutely fine, and robust I've got 6 I've had for 5 years and they are still in good shape, either the previous poster is an odd shape or he hasn't put them up properly- get one you won't regret it...

Hi Does any one on here have any experience with these seats that are offered at a discount price from the Sportsman's ?

Any advice welcomed

To get a decent shooting height then I had to add the frame (which is not painted) in the picture.
I am 5'8. If you are shooting stuff close then they would suffice in stock form.
With my mod then my shooting head position is good, as it was out the box It was not very comfortable....

To add, with all these seats most of the ladder angle is fixed thus dictating the seat angle if the tree is not dead plum..I had to make a longer brace pole for one particular tree...

008_zps0aa1c5f2.jpg
011_zps8361ca51.jpg
007_zpse56910a9.jpg

Tim.243

Pp
Tim demonstrates perfectly my point. All the ones i have seen/ sat in are the same. I once had to take 2 steps down the ladder to get into a comfortable shooting position before taking a shot. Search on here and you will find numerous posts attesting to the fact that the rail is too low.

F

I have one, would never buy another one.
Agree rail is too low.
If I was you, I'd either spend less money and a couple of hours building a descent timber seat, or spend a little more on a p.d seat (advertises in the back of sporting rifle)

Last edited:
I have a few and you get what you pay for. I see them as disposable as, I have had two rust to a point where they are dangerous.

I have one, would never buy another one.
Agree rail is too low.
If I was you, I'd either spend less money and a couple of hours building a descent timber seat, or spend a little more on a p.d seat (advertises in the back of sporting rifle)

I agree on all counts.

I gave mine a couple of coats of hammerite before I even put it up, but within 18 months I ceased to trust it, which is especially bad if you are looking to get to it before first light.

Also one of the 'pre-drilled holes' was 90 degrees out.

Like NCD I have a number of PD highseats that have been up for years and only ever needed attention as a result of tractor inflicted damage.

In my experience, cheap, poorly finished, become dangerous with the rust! had a friend fall out one that gave way! PD Seats all day long! better built, easy to assemble, light to carry! or i you are handy with a mig welder, you can buy enough metal to build 2 seats for the cost of one of these.

Any advice welcomed

I have one on loan, I am 5' 10" and the bar is waaay to low as the others have said, so I added a piece of steel each side so it is adjustable.
This is 4 year old and pretty well rotten from the inside out, one joint has torn and will need welding already, and seat back has split where it was joined before being painted.
I guess if you applied waxoil or similar to them internally when they are new they will last longer

I bought a Sutter one from Germany for £108 landed, whilst not perfect is remarkable value and great if you need the extra (as in scary levels of) height

Plenty of better seats out there. As said before - need mods to the rail. Definitely in the 'disposable' bracket as far as quality is concerned.

As I was sat in my one last night I took a picture (very badly, sorry) of the simple bar raising bracket I made.
It has wing nuts on the other end of the bolts so anyone sitting in it can adjust it to their preferred height.

IMAG2011.jpg

Any advice welcomed

Good value for the money (5 for under £500).
Ok in use, but be aware the joints of the ladder are not very strong and could do with reinforcement at the back.
The support that should prevent the ladder from sagging hasn't got a sufficient range of adjustments, so if you put this high seat up against a tree that is leaning only slightly towards you, the support it is too short. That puts pressure on the joints, and causes metal fatigue.
If they are put up correctly with some additional support to prevent sagging, they will last for years.

most times you get what you pay for as some posts say front rail too low and you have to give it a coat of paint also rots away quickly the list goes on. just go and pay a bit extra and buy one from one of the site members it will be well made and last 10x longer .

As the man says "you get what you pay for". I have one it's just about O.K. but it isn't very good but there again I didn't pay a lot for it on ebay (£70 delivered).
What I should have done was wait a couple of weeks and got ndt man to build me one of his Rolls Royce quality seats but then I would probably be too afraid to leave it on my ground just in case someone stole it.

Back