Borescope on Ebay

i looked at this but the issue is the angle of the camera

am sure it would be better than nothing but ideally you want a camera that faces the bore walls not down the bore

for £10 its worth a punt though

Just ordered one, probably junk, but at some point somewhere down the line it might come in useful for some DIY or whatever

i looked at this but the issue is the angle of the camera

am sure it would be better than nothing but ideally you want a camera that faces the bore walls not down the bore

for £10 its worth a punt though

I was given something similar and it's great for looking into the lug chambers, the breech face and for viewing throat erosion but as you say, naff all use for actually looking at the rifling. Unfortunately there's not really any alternative to the rather more expensive Hawkeye rifle bore-scope.

Just bought one , can't go wrong at that price and it will let me look at the lugs ,chamber and throat , not concerned too much about the rifling .

As has been said, works very well - and actually gives a very interesting view of the barrel in the whole. Because you are looking across the rifling, you can see coppering extent and other fouling in a different perspective. Look a bit longer and a bit more money and you'll find one with a 45deg mirror to be able to look into the rifling which deals with the criticism above.
Watch the video rates - but on the 80-20 rule it wins hands down against a £3-500 'proper' one.

A few years ago I was stuck with a problem where I really wanted to use a bore scope, there was none available locally so I made my own.

Here's a video of the inside of my barrel with my homemade lash-up. Total cost about £35

This one has the angled mirror and is $60 Ebay No 251672687596

This technology is getting better/cheaper quickly, however I don't think this one will do the job we want. The camera tube is 5.5mm but the screw on mirror will bring that up to nearer 7mm and the other problem I see is that the minimum focal range is a couple of inches. If you have mirror directly in front of the lens you will need a minimum focal range of less than 1/2". Also VGA is poor definition for this type of close up work.

The Lyman scope has been talked about for some time, however I think it's a brave move for the company to invest a lot of money in a product selling for $300 that will be superseded in both price and performance in just a couple of years.

I would think in two years you will be able to get a digital borescope that plugs into your smart phone with head diameter including a mirror with HD definition for less that £50

Thanks to all who answered my query
I have ordered a cheap one
It's just occurred to me that It will be good for inspecting the interior of my bee hives - may even save being stung - who knows!
I will let you know either way
Thanks again everyone
ED

Did anyone get one and tried it

Yes I did well for £8.50 delivered I am very surprised at the quality of the video I was able to view the bore of the 270 and to honest it looked terrible I will try to video and post if possible.

Yes I just got mine , It works well and of course I can store images on the laptop . I will get my other rifles out later and give it a proper check-out , absolute bargain !!

I got one too, tried it on the .270, found the blue- ish light a bit of a problem, would be better if it were white light, just checked out all the moderators, really good results on those as the carbon tended to render the blue light effect less of a problem.

I spent a bit more money and got a white light version and with a 45 deg mirror - works very nicely indeed - I like the non mirror view too - gives a very different perspective of the bore and the way it copper fouls

Please could people include links to the particular borescopes they've bought, or the item numbers on ebay, so that we know exactly which borescopes you're talking about. Thanks.

Back