As you may remember I recently put in a variation for .338 Win Mag to use abroad and to stalk Deer with in the UK. I had some ground lined up to support it and a good idea what rifle I wanted. Well I e-mailed my licensing manager yesterday and got a reply this morning.... The certificate is in the post?
Some may say this is good, but I've heard nothing of the land check! How can it come back with the new calibre on if they haven't been out to check the ground? It has been cleared in the past but the last guy was only looking to use a .243. Would they have added details to say it was safe for anything (it's a huge valley so you could fire a .50 into it without bother!) or is it likely that as it was passed for .243 they will turn it down?
I'm eagerly awaiting posty!