shooting show

sir-lamp-alot

im not a fan of pulling other peoples shots apart on camera but the latest offering from the shooting show is just rediculous, they show a very interesting report on .22lr ammo which was going fantastic right up until 11:43 where they cut to a rabbit shooting montage where there back stop is a flock of sheep. i really dont know why they would take this shot and i certainly dont know why they would show it, ive commented on there video and i await to hear there reply but i know what it will be them claiming the camera man was miles away from the shooter and the angles were all differnt but like ive said to them why would they be both will be talking to one another making sure the camera is rolling and all is ok but this is just not going to be practical for them so why would they do it. have a look for yourself maybe im over reacting but it just doesnt seem right at all to me

As stated the lack of suitable backstop is questionable

on the plus side I've been using eley rimfire ammo for ages and I can't fault it for accuracy :)

Camera angle ! could deceive the watching public as I found out when a member of this site reported me to the flo for just that he was't happy 1x 100+ but he still felt the need to try and have my cert pulled ????

before this boils into a slanging match which is not what i want my reason for posting this is that this is the forth time from my memory that i have been open mouthed at shots taken on the shooting show once on a rabbit being shot on a hardstanding track with a sheep directly above it on a bank once at a rabbit with cows behind it a third when they shot a cwd and now this, i strongly susspect and i have now evidence for this so i could be wrong but i truly feel that there taking chances just to get good footage. im an experienced shot who lives in the real world and i know what goes on but some of the shots taken on this programe have shocked me

Sheep are rather more disposable in NZ.
Sadly not many sheep around these parts (the nights get lonely) but we have loads of turkeys and pigs, if it's not turkeys gobbling, it piggys squealing in the woods.
SLA you need to stop watching these programs they are obviously worrying you.

Sadly not many sheep around these parts (the nights get lonely) but we have loads of turkeys and pigs, if it's not turkeys gobbling, it piggys squealing in the woods.
SLA you need to stop watching these programs they are obviously worrying you.

Just trying to think back what film it was that someone said "squeal like a pig". I should remember it but old age creeps up.

as I found out when a member of this site reported me to the flo for just that he was't happy 1x 100+ but he still felt the need to try and have my cert pulled ????

I am sorry..What?!

Would love to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation

Guys I've tried to film some longer ranger varmint shooting and I can assure you camera angles and camera height put a total different perspective on how it looks.

I've seen it on SD where some members don't post any videos any more because of all the criticism they would get.

Before you all hang draw and quarter the show have a go at looking at a target from your sticks then film the same target from your phone 10' to the side from a lower position .

The camera could be 20--30' from the shooter to get this footage and for deer a lot further away.

View attachment 58802

There was no convo mty just his posts on the site ? he just did it !!! the chap knows who he is but sadly I don't ?, so any of you that post a vid on shooting your own stuff on your own land with the owners perm' even a gong or at a paper zero target plastic tube or anything should think hard ? not every one takes in the whole picture :eek: The flo could see all of the info and was't worried or impressed that a so called shooter could be so petty & never mind I had the same back stop and a wet field of pig crap to place shot into the lad had no comment on me using the same field or backstops for zeroing prone flat at 100 yds with a 7 mt high bank of pig crap and 60+ mtys wide 150 deep of old bedding and one tonne bails and the land rises away with zero access but plenty to say on the downward shot at 10 yds:doh: but they have to come out and waist the fee's even if there is zero of a case ? but that I don't mind at all its the rules.
just can't work out some chaps :-|

I am sorry..What?!

Would love to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation

Last edited:
Guys I've tried to film some longer ranger varmint shooting and I can assure you camera angles and camera height put a total different perspective on how it looks.

I've seen it on SD where some members don't post any videos any more because of all the criticism they would get.

Before you all hang draw and quarter the show have a go at looking at a target from your sticks then film the same target from your phone 10' to the side from a lower position .

The camera could be 20--30' from the shooter to get this footage and for deer a lot further away.

View attachment 58802

You could well be correct, personally If I had taken the video when I reviewed it there's no way I would have put it up. That's just me though.

Back