recommendations on case trimmer

jimsim

After using a lee hand case trimmer for the last 3 years, I'm am after a decent case trimmer for 243 and 6.5x55 cases can anyone recommend one . Thanks in advance

Yes that looks good , may look into that, I only have the hand ball type cutter at the moment

I have a CTS trimmer for .308 and .260 as well as various Lee cutters with the ball grips, in practice I find the Lee to be just as easy to use and easily as fast. I use a cordless drill and hold a dual ended chamfer/de-burr tool in the hand then pick up the trimmer, trim the case, drop the trimmer and then chamfer and de-burr, load up the next case in the drill and away we go again.

I had the deluxe Quick Trim and found it a lot slower and more work.

RCBS Chamfer Deburring Tool 17 to 45 Cal

Forster. As it has all the extra bits such as inside and outside reamers, hollow point tool, primer pocket cleaner and THREE available base lengths depending if you are a .243/.308 user or a .300 H & H user. And that is always useful. I can even trim .44 Magnum cases on one of the bases as they main parts just simply can be attached an re-attached by unscrewing with no loss of precision of operation.

PLUS you can get a lot of the Forster stuff from new Hannam's or even used off good old eBay!

Some will no doubt go on about the Wilson trimmer. Overpriced and doesn't do half that the Forster is capable of. Waste of time.

Forster. As it has all the extra bits such as inside and outside reamers, hollow point tool, primer pocket cleaner and THREE available base lengths depending if you are a .243/.308 user or a .300 H & H user. And that is always useful. I can even trim .44 Magnum cases on one of the bases as they main parts just simply can be attached an re-attached by unscrewing with no loss of precision of operation.

PLUS you can get a lot of the Forster stuff from new Hannam's or even used off good old eBay!

Some will no doubt go on about the Wilson trimmer. Overpriced and doesn't do half that the Forster is capable of. Waste of time.

Right on both counts.
The Lee Quick Trim Die, btw, works very well. I have it in 22 Hornet and 6.5x55.~Muir

Get an RCBS off Ebay and then should you need you can add a neck turning kit later.
I got the full kit for around $140 S/H with 10 mandrels, 12 spuds and spare cutters.
Very well made and very accurate. Will last a lifetime or two.$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I think Spud67 does them:
triway1402.jpg

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014/08/new-giraud-case-trimming-and-chamfering-tool/
K

The Lee Quick Trim Deluxe for my money. Does a great job! Trims and does both chamfers in one go :thumb:

Hi jimsin,
I use a Wilson case trimmer although it is expensive I have found it to be the best so far,(this is only my opinion) there is nothing wrong with Lee products I have used quite a few.In the past I have used an R.C.B.S.and Lyman trimmer but prefer the Wilson.

all the best,
3bl

Back