Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMG Opportunity Cambridgeshire.

DMG Opportunity Cambridgeshire.

Here is an opportunity to participate in an established deer management group in Cambridgeshire.

The successful person(s) would be invited to have limited membership, initially for one year.

The group control Muntjac and some Roe over approximately fifteen hundred acres of sensitive sites that have substantial public access.
    Stalking is mainly from one hour before sunrise to no later than 10.00hrs, owing to the requirements of public access.

The deer have been successfully controlled for more than a decade. This is deer management for the protection and regeneration of the woodlands, consequently a new stalker could expect to make several visits for each deer shot.

Those who are relatively new to stalking and may not have any stalking of their own should not be deterred from enquiring, in fact quite the contrary.

We currently have one female full member, so female deer stalkers would feel equally as comfortable and welcome in our DMG as male deer stalkers do.

Group members are expected to make regular stalking visits and a meaningful contribution to working parties, achieving the cull and objectives of the landowner.

A small annual membership fee of 75 is payable purely to cover costs.

In order to be considered the person would need:

• To reside within twenty five miles radius of Sawtry, Cambridgeshire.
    • Have a current firearm certificate, appropriate rifle and third party insurance (e.g. BASC, BDS, NGO membership.).
    • Have a DSC Level One certificate and be registered for Level Two. (DMG members include more than one AW).
    • Provide two checkable references.
    • Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with members of the public in a positive and courteous manner.
    • Be willing to come and meet us for an informal interview.

If you fit all of the criteria and would like to know more, please send me a PM with a brief description of yourself, your contact details, deer stalking experience and why you think you would make a good addition to our team. PMs that do not contain the information requested will not be acknowledged.

My colleagues and I have thought long and hard before putting this opportunity on SD. This is because of the negativity directed at some members posting opportunities in the past.

I sincerely hope this will not happen to this thread and we will be able to offer an opportunity to one or more SD members in due course.

With Best Regards.

What a fantastic opportunity for a newcomer!
    my route into stalking was greatly aided by a similar opportunity (a different DMG) and I'm grateful for the experience and contacts it had given me (as well as all the time I've spent stalking on their land!).

well done Norm, hope you find someone suitable!

That is a great opportunity for someone, unfortunately I'm just outside the 25 mile radius, but well done for putting it on here and good luck to those who apply

Thank you for taking the time to put such an outstanding offer on the site for the membership to consider. Admin are very grateful for your group considering the site.

I would add that any uncalled for stupid remarks from members will be removed from the thread and a ban may also ensue.

Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

42 miles away bugger great offer though good luck for the DMG
    Ps I'll tell the wife we're moving
    Last edited by norma 308; 09-07-2015 at 12:46.

Maybe I fit the bill, hope so. PM sent.

Wow great offer!

if anyone was considering something similar in the Hampshire area....
    Punctuality is the politeness of Princes

great opportunity , good luck
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Great offer for someone , wish this was in the North East .

27.3 miles away and haven't registered for DSC2 yet!
    Good Luck great offer.
    Good. Luck Goathead I've even seen you wandering around Cambridge, way to much time on your hands!