Here is an opportunity to participate in an established deer management group in Cambridgeshire.
The successful person(s) would be invited to have limited membership, initially for one year.
The group control Muntjac and some Roe over approximately fifteen hundred acres of sensitive sites that have substantial public access.
Stalking is mainly from one hour before sunrise to no later than 10.00hrs, owing to the requirements of public access.
The deer have been successfully controlled for more than a decade. This is deer management for the protection and regeneration of the woodlands, consequently a new stalker could expect to make several visits for each deer shot.
Those who are relatively new to stalking and may not have any stalking of their own should not be deterred from enquiring, in fact quite the contrary.
We currently have one female full member, so female deer stalkers would feel equally as comfortable and welcome in our DMG as male deer stalkers do.
Group members are expected to make regular stalking visits and a meaningful contribution to working parties, achieving the cull and objectives of the landowner.
A small annual membership fee of £75 is payable purely to cover costs.
In order to be considered the person would need:
- To reside within twenty five miles radius of Sawtry, Cambridgeshire.
- Have a current firearm certificate, appropriate rifle and third party insurance (e.g. BASC, BDS, NGO membership.).
- Have a DSC Level One certificate and be registered for Level Two. (DMG members include more than one AW).
- Provide two checkable references.
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with members of the public in a positive and courteous manner.
- Be willing to come and meet us for an informal interview.
If you fit all of the criteria and would like to know more, please send me a PM with a brief description of yourself, your contact details, deer stalking experience and why you think you would make a good addition to our team. PMs that do not contain the information requested will not be acknowledged.
My colleagues and I have thought long and hard before putting this opportunity on SD. This is because of the negativity directed at some members posting opportunities in the past.
I sincerely hope this will not happen to this thread and we will be able to offer an opportunity to one or more SD members in due course.
With Best Regards.