Breakdown cover AA renewal rip-off

You might, if you are on a busy main road/motorway or in the middle of a city get an AA or RAC patrol. If you are anywhere else, especially in the middle of nowhere, the likelihood is that the same garage will be an agent for the RAC, AA, green Flag and everyone else. The call centre for the organisation you belong to will simply call them. The feller will then finish his cup of tea, or the brake discs he is changing then head on out to you. Indeed most of the recovery providers don't even have one patrol vehicle but rely totally on local recovery garages.

So, given that it's pretty much the same person who is going to come anyway, whether they do a good job or not depends on which town you are near and if that garage mechanic is any good. The only things you should consider when buying therefore are what's included in the price (home start, roadside assistance, onwards to your destination or back home as you wish etc.) and the price itself. Increasingly, apart from price, the only difference between them is colour....

totally agree Pedro in Derby Burrows turn up for the RAC ,on the motorway the RAC turn up.touch wood theyve always got me home.id say 9/10 times if youve called them out its a garage job anyway.Last one a snapped cambelt .Thats the main for me they got me n the car home so i can fix/or sell it .in 15 years theyve never said no to that .

Nationwide FlexPlus. You pay £10 month but get family worldwide travel insurance, UK and Europe breakdown, family mobile phone insurance, extended warranty protection.

Be careful with the Travel Insurance on these inclusive packages as they won't cover you for anything related to existing medical conditions.

I use the RAC through the Tesco vouchers system. Well worth a look, have done this for the last 6 or 7 years.

Be careful with the Travel Insurance on these inclusive packages as they won't cover you for anything related to existing medical conditions.
I would be very surprised if any travel insurance covered you for existing medical conditions unless you had informed them and agreed the extra cost to have them included on the policy.

Just remember... what you get for free is not usually the same as what you get when you pay for it!

I would be very surprised if any travel insurance covered you for existing medical conditions unless you had informed them and agreed the extra cost to have them included on the policy.

I would be amazed if any insurer paid out for anything related to a pre-existing condition. But it doesn't hurt to remind people to make sure they know what they are covered for, rather than to just blindly assume that they "have insurance".

Back