Hunting Act Amendment (England and Wales)

Tom_Ov

Many of you will have seen coverage of the proposed amendments to the Hunting Act, which will be debated in the House of Commons next Wednesday. If not, I'm guessing you will over the next 6 days! :rolleyes:

While falling well short of a full repeal of the act, the proposed amendments would allow for a more pragmatic approach to hunting, allowing more than the current arbitrary restriction of two hounds to be used when flushing to a gun. If nothing else, those organising fox drives in large areas of cover will be able to use a sensible number of dogs.

You can let your MP know your feelings on the matter by clicking here. It takes about 1 minute.

Hopefully this will open the door to having the stupid tail-docking legislation overturned for working dogs, too

To quote Andrew Turner MP Isle of Wight today "in the event of a free vote, I will vote to repeal the Hunting Act"

Done a couple of days ago in response to a CA e-mail. Our MP will vote in favour - country consitituency.

Brian May showing antis are level headed rationale controlled people ;) He even brings out a picture of a dug fox which is already legal under the game bird protection exemption saying 'this is flushing out!'.
I can't believe the BBC give this idiot any air time.

Last edited:
Back