Out building . cheap

Olaf

Hi, could any one recomend a very basic and cheap shed supplier ? My shed roof has fallen in and I'm considering making one or just buying an aluminium / steel powder coated flat pack thing. It really can be anything so long as it's tough as I will clad it and then let my plants take over ! It's to put 2 chillers and a freezer and some arb kit in.
im a bespoke joiner and furniture maker so I can machine one up in the workshop only I'm looking to find something cheaper than paying out £2000 on rough sawn timber.
its only got to be about 5 m x 5 m x 3m so it's not a big shed. Any good thoughts would be great fully received. I'm even up for buying an old one and taking it down and cutting it to fit etc.

kindest regards, Olaf

I built a block built for less than 2k View attachment 58991 now 6x 5 x 11mt corner cave so no wolf can blow it down lol blocks were rejects ? wife an I built it in 4 days plus slab that we had done by a mix and carry gang I just formed it out . The guy next door found an old pre-fab garage bolt together type two days plus slab £200 as same as I did shed £200 bit of power job done under £500

I'd get the metal twin clad metal sheets with 100mm insulation in the middle, and you can get them cut to the length you require.

cheers Paul, it's a fair point, it's maybe worth me using blocks. I'd hoped to either get or build something that could go up in a few hrs to save me having to do too much, by way of moving about, with the equipment that's stored in the present shed.
Concrete blocks would afford me with a lovely basic structure though.
thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

Kind regards, Olaf

I'd do the same and go for blocks well worth it, i;d say 5m sq is quite a big shed really, ur almost double garage size at that. Think under 30sqm dinae need planning (but u better check the local regs)

If u go for the insulated roof panels DO NOT put insulated skylights in, seemed a good idea at time to get some natural light in but bloody useless and condensate like crazy, we were advised this would not happen but it does and the skylight panels cost more than the tin.
My only regret from building my garage. Had a few tools/boxes and containers water damaged by leaving them on bench unwittingly under where condensation drips

I must agree With C'B I have fitted a dehumidifier from Maplins a do's the job £45 mine has 3/4 ply "N" Glued HD felt 6x2 wall plates etc and 4x2 joists ridge Construction easy and worth the extra time as I now have more room to play and roof space to stack my fishing and decoy gear ? a plus is now its safe and belled up with cctv , I can see the wife coming or ring the bell call for tea !!! and no bugger can moan that I do my reloading in it ??? ya just can't make a dads cave toy room too big :D I looked at the velux window but just fitted a S/H upvc window and made my doors out of some rose wood I had around then half glass them

I'd do the same and go for blocks well worth it, i;d say 5m sq is quite a big shed really, ur almost double garage size at that. Think under 30sqm dinae need planning (but u better check the local regs)

If u go for the insulated roof panels DO NOT put insulated skylights in, seemed a good idea at time to get some natural light in but bloody useless and condensate like crazy, we were advised this would not happen but it does and the skylight panels cost more than the tin.
My only regret from building my garage. Had a few tools/boxes and containers water damaged by leaving them on bench unwittingly under where condensation drips

Just a thought, ever considered using an old chiller. I new a chap who used one he got it free and cladded it with feather edge, looked impressive.

Just a thought, ever considered using an old chiller. I new a chap who used one he got it free and cladded it with feather edge, looked impressive.

Nice idea !

Now I need to find an old chiller .........?

Cheers, O

Search locally for refrigeration engineers, call them and explain your needs. You may get paid to take one away.

I think that under 30 square meters does need planning but does not need building control and building control work from internal measurements, that is the rule in Scotland anyway, unless you are a farmer and then you can do anything you like.

Back