Build, money no object!

finnbear270

.270 Winchester, Composite / carbon stock (fitted), Pierce Titanium action, Ti bolt handle & knob, Ti rings (Chimera from Tactical rifles), Douglas fluted stainsless barrel, optimised length & twist for 150 grain load, Swaro scope, Lake city brass.:drool:, Dream on.:cool:

This a wish list for a build,,,

Borden Timberline cm action, Sunny Hill BM, Shilen trigger, Douglas CM barrel, in fine walnut stocked by Gary Cane

Oh, calibre,,,275 Rigby

hmmm just to say !! oh yes ! put that on it and include one of them I expect you do all the load ups come ups and deliver it to this estate one of each matching in all the best cals with no problems about feeding it . but that would just be boring "wouldn't it" !!! mind you the 280 ack imp is in the pipeline :D just got to wait for that 141 :cry:

I presume we are talking about something not from one of the Makers such as Holland and Holland and such like?

An acquaintance of mine has Two Custom Rifles from Callum Ferguson. These are built using Callum's own (Rimrock) Actions. They are things of Beauty. I would like one of those sat in a Premium piece of Walnut. Topped with some quality European Glass. 30-06 would do me fine.
Or.
I would really like to get into Long Range Target Shooting at some point so something 'Tactical' along the lines of BAT Action, Krieger Barrel, 338 Lap Mag Topped with Exotic Glass from March etc.

Just bought my Lottery Ticket for Tonight.:)

Yorkie.

Last edited:
I presume we are talking about something not from one of the Makers such as Holland and Holland and such like?

An acquaintance of mine has Two Custom Rifles from Callum Ferguson. These are built using Callum's own (Rimrock) Actions. They are things of Beauty. I would like one of those sat in a Premium piece of Walnut. Topped with some quality European Glass. 30-06 would do me fine.
Or.
I would really like to get into Long Range Target Shooting at some point so something 'Tactical' along the lines of BAT Action, Krieger Barrel, 338 Lap Mag Topped with Exotic Glass from March etc.

Just bought my Lottery Ticket for Tonight.:)

Yorkie.

rimrocks are borden action callum merely brings them in to the country

All I'm going to say is it would be based around a custom made mini Mauser action and married with a graceful thumbhole stock of AAAAAAAAAA grade maple.

K

I could never have a wooden stocked rifle, I would be to scared to use it! My dream rifle would be a tikka action, 24" 1-8 twist border barrel in .243 with a pse stock. I would too it with a 20moa rail and a pm11. I'm lucky because I got mike norris to make me one at the start of the year :) dream come true

Dream rifle if money were no object, I would just go out and buy a Blaser.

Sorry only joking, had to get it in before anyone else.:rofl:

Dan'l Fraser patent falling block action, 26" barrel with angled forward single express sight mounted on island, large Ivory bead front sight, all cerakoted matte black and in a dark brown laminate stock complete with matte black Seolus side plates. All fitted perfectly to me.
Pure working gun in either 500 NE or 400 Jeffery NE.

Pre war oberndorf magnum commercial Mauser. Walther barrel at 21.5" in a suitably chunky profile. Single standing rear sight dovetailed, with a single blade and pop up ivory bead at the front end ( both barrel band). Stock: very plain but strong English walnut with ideal grain layout. Pillar bedded, devconned and cross bolted. Barrel band front swivel. 2 inch wide thick English canvas sling. Turn off mounts and a nice compact classic Schmidt or zeiss. Oh yes. The calibre: .404 Jeffrey.

Build, money no object, for me, would be a large wooden sailing boat - something based on the Bristol channel pilot cutters, probably. Or one of Luke Powell's Scillonian pilot cutters. Would just keep the rifles I've got, but have them thoroughly overhauled and fitted out with the best in terms of optics etc.

Pre war oberndorf magnum commercial Mauser. Walther barrel at 21.5" in a suitably chunky profile. Single standing rear sight dovetailed, with a single blade and pop up ivory bead at the front end ( both barrel band). Stock: very plain but strong English walnut with ideal grain layout. Pillar bedded, devconned and cross bolted. Barrel band front swivel. 2 inch wide thick English canvas sling. Turn off mounts and a nice compact classic Schmidt or zeiss. Oh yes. The calibre: .404 Jeffrey.
I know where the donor rifle is!!!!!!

A single barrel, trigger plate action,l in 7x65r by David Mckay Brown, with a nickel scope and another barrel in 6.5x57r for muntjac and roe, plus a. 410 barrel for squirrel. Dream, dream, dream. Now I'm depressed and thinking about what bank I can visit tonight!
K

A single barrel, trigger plate action,l in 7x65r by David Mckay Brown, with a nickel scope and another barrel in 6.5x57r for muntjac and roe, plus a. 410 barrel for squirrel. Dream, dream, dream. Now I'm depressed and thinking about what bank I can visit tonight!
K
Not a Greek one !!

Back