Rifle Maintenance Centre Advice

bryn

I am looking to buy a rifle maintenance centre/vice and have looked at the mtm models which seem to fit the bill. Before i buy one (not sure whether to get the vice or maintenance centre) has anyone experience of which is the better one or is there better products out there.
As always your advice is appreciated.

Bryn

I've got the maintenance centre and find it ok for my cleaning needs (bedded my hornet in it this weekend too but wasn't ideal for that) although I do like the look of that range box above, looks like it's able to be a bit more organised than the model I've got.

Hi bryn,

I do not have any experience of the MTM, but I do have a Tipton gun vise,the vise, front yolk, and pistol grip rest, are all covered in rubber so that it does not mar the finish on your gun. It is a great aid on cleaning a rifle or possibly doing some maintenance work on it, in the middle of it are compartments for cleaning fluids etc.

all the best,
3bl

Spoke with Mark at spud1967 and went for a Lyman Revolution Vice. It arrives in a couple of days and I will let you know how it sizes up once its been in use for a while. Thanks to all for you help and advice.

Bryn

Back