Lost bag at Gamekeepers Fair.....

Hi Folks

made a really absent minded mistake today....

We got back to our vehicle at the Gamekeepers fair and decided to let our little girl answer the call of nature down the side and out of view, I had my Barbour tarras bag on my shoulder which i took off and placed on th ground by the front wheel.....

I put Isla in the car and forgot the bag was still on the ground, we then left and decided to stop about 50mins after leaving - it then suddenly dawned on me that the bag had been left... :eek:

In the bag was my FAC/Shotgun licsence, 100 rounds of just purchased 17HMR, wallet contianing £160 and all credit cards, a Butler Creek scope cap cover and 4 venison burgers :cry:

We drove back and not suprisingly the bag had gone, I spoke to a few officials/stewards and left my contact details. I also reported the loss to the Police (suprisingly there were no Police in attendance at the fair..)

I don't suppose that anyone on here knows anyone who may have found a bag?

I'd like to think that the vast majority of people who attend gamefairs & finding a bag in this situation would hand it in..., but there again sods law the undesirable also attend these events...:(

Thanks Rob

I have done virtually exactly the same but luckily my wife(the only time she has been to a game fair) spotted it as we drove off:oops:

Wishing you lots of luck

Cervushunter

Hope that small percentage wasn't the one who picked up your bag mate, best look out the tin hat though for the flack, still time for someone to turn it in to you, as they will have your address, but not your contact details, so still time for a happy outcome.

Looks like my worst fears have been realized in that my bag must have fallen into the hands of one of society's vermin elliment...:evil:

The only thing i can now hope for is that bad luck decends onto the low life who is now spending my cash & using my bag!...

Hi Folks

made a really absent minded mistake today....

We got back to our vehicle at the Gamekeepers fair and decided to let our little girl answer the call of nature down the side and out of view, I had my Barbour tarras bag on my shoulder which i took off and placed on th ground by the front wheel.....

I put Isla in the car and forgot the bag was still on the ground, we then left and decided to stop about 50mins after leaving - it then suddenly dawned on me that the bag had been left... :eek:

In the bag was my FAC/Shotgun licsence, 100 rounds of just purchased 17HMR, wallet contianing £160 and all credit cards, a Butler Creek scope cap cover and 4 venison burgers :cry:

We drove back and not suprisingly the bag had gone, I spoke to a few officials/stewards and left my contact details. I also reported the loss to the Police (suprisingly there were no Police in attendance at the fair..)

I don't suppose that anyone on here knows anyone who may have found a bag?

I'd like to think that the vast majority of people who attend gamefairs & finding a bag in this situation would hand it in..., but there again sods law the undesirable also attend these events...:(

Thanks Rob

Hope someone steps forward with it soon Rob,done the same a few years back at a gamefair dropped my wallet it was returned guy brought it round to my home as he did not want to risk posting it, I emptied all of the cash inside into his hand to which he refused until I pointed out the cash did not matter it was all the other crap and momentoes that i really wanted back,in the end he reluctantly took half.
There are some good uns left out there mate

Blimey mate
you might hav put yourself in quite a serious situation
in more ways than one
just hope it gets handed into the police or you get a knock on the door from the person that picked it up
Plus i hope GMP hav more sympathy than west mids
i once reported live rounds stolen from my motor just as a precaution
as i had my motor broken into and could not really be sure if they had been taken, ( i had been out zeroing at the time it happened and talking 20 rounds only)
not only did i get an ear bashing from hell over the phone from the officer i spoke to when reporting it, but they allso sent 3 officers to investigate the incident, their concern was not the car or what else was stolen .......just the live rounds
luckily i had left them in my coat pocket and could produce them when being intereviewed at home,
from all accounts they sent the 3 officers so they could seize all my firearms if needed aswell as arrest me under firearm charges
they take this sort of sh*t pretty serious here
another officer turned up the next day to discuss the the car break-in and give me a crime no
just goes to show
hope all goes well for you
ATB

Yet it's OK for the armed Police to lose a bag containing several MP5's and some Clock Pistols PLUS the amminition for them just because it was warm and the twits wanted to side door open on their vehicle. Oh they put an advert in the local paper asking for the return of the bag and guns etc. Pointing out that is was an offence to keep them if found. Theft by finding.

Lets hope you get some good news about the bag and your stuff.

Hi All

Got home today and noticed a jiffy bag that had been delivered, in the jiffy was my returned FAC/Shotgun cert, all my credit cards, personal photos, driving license, business cards (with my email address & moby number...) etc

So look like the t**t who stole the bag had some minute flicker of guilt in recognising the hassle involved in license replacement...., the sender could have obviously contacted me by phone or email to explain the finding circumstances had they been legit'...

Derby Police don't seem to intend pushing the loss of the .17HMR ammo any further and my insurers are paying out for the bag replacement, cash, wallet, sunglasses etc, so lesson learnt!:mad:

You must be incredibly relieved

Well done.

I think so to, not being funny but I'd be over the moon with relief, we all have moments distraction but with live rounds, the bill as stated could have taken the hard high ground.
Certs and cards can be a real ball ache to sort out as well. At least they had a twinge, they could have just burnt them. Very lucky in todays society I'd say too get anything back. Well done.

Another possibility is someone found the contents that you have had returned, minus the ammunition etc, a little stretch of the imagination I know!, I remember as a young apprenticed kid of 15, I found a wallet in the gutter outside my place of work, very nice it was too, best leather, with personal stuff - licence etc inside, I walked to the main police station in my lunch break & handed it in, a couple of days later a copper turned up at my works & demanded to know where the seventy quid had gone between me finding the wallet & handing it in??????????????:evil:......I reckon I must have ignored quite a few lost items in the following few years.

Have you thought that the person who picked up the bag from the fair ahd ditched those bits and someone else returned them to you?

I suppose there's a few scenarios....., my take is that the person who returned the goods would have seen my business card and then could have emailed his/her intentions or phoned me...:confused: or could have put a note in the jiffy with their contact details in the hope that i would thank them proffusley or offer a reward...

However this person obviously wanted to remain anonymous..... :-|

Anyway glad to get my certificates back!

good news mate, just be on top of security even more so now because someone now knows what you have got in your house.

Back