Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt and bender 8x56 hungarian

Schmidt and bender 8x56 hungarian

Hi all about to get my new rifle and it's topped with a schmidt and bender klassik 8x56 hungarian. My question is will it be a good lamping scope. I currently have a Redfield revolution scope and it'd great but sometimes struggle whilst lamping. Is the S+B likely to be better.

I have the same model on my foxing rig. .243 T3 varmint. Plenty of scope for the money. Good last light if you're waiting out. You can shoot under a full moon with it. If shot foxes to 250+m at night.

Cant go wrong in my mind with that scope. Simple but effective.

Got one on my foxing rifle and had the same rig for 15 yrs great no fiddle point and shoot scope ,I have 4 on various rifles

Thanks lads. Mines also on top of a .243 can't wait to get it sounds like it could be a good setup up then Norma

They're designed for low light - and work very, very well as a lamp scope (in fact, work well without the lamp on clear/moonlit nights).

However - they often have problems with collecting glare off the moderator, especially if mounted low.

The first thing to try if you have this problem is a strip or two of black insulating tape across the bottom of the objective bell.

I have one on my .222 for lamping / foxing. It's a great piece of kit, and should serve you well.

as already said by mungo the 8x56 was designed for low light work and it does this very well you will when i had one i took a few shots without the lamp on foxes that were a bit jumpy, fresh cut grass and a full moon on a clear night and you will be able to use it like a night vision it will definatly be an inprovment on your scope now

Thanks alot gents exactly what I wanted to here.

Thanks again

IMHO they are the best lamping scope in fact if it's a clean night especially with a full moon you won't need the lamp.

Cheers mate. I always knew s+b were good but never used one. I'm even more excited now haha can't wait