As pictured

BRNO made Persian Mauser, polished in the white, large ring mauser 98. Turned down bolt handle and checkered. This action is probably the smoothest mauser action I have ever felt, with virtually no bolt slop which is unheard of for M98's, but is testament to the finest machining that came out of BRNO.

Action threads are in VGC and tall and proud. Obviously has military bottom metal, etc. but is currently disassembled.

This would make one of the finest custom rifles. I envisaged a 404J with front sight ramp and peep sight only, in a circassian walnut stock, black silvers pad, steel grip cap, and ebony front tip. Could be done with magnum bottom metal for more than 3 round capacity.

Alternatively the action could be used for any calibre build such as 7x57, 30-06 or 9.3x62, etc. but deserves a real classic and either with open sights or barrel mounted clawmount to preserve the beautiful front receiver crest from being drilled and tapped. Would look particularly stunning with being polished in the white for a Rigby look, with slow rust blued barrel and furniture. Custom built it would be priced at between £4,500 and £6,500 depending on specifications.

Action exlusively should it be of interest, would be priced at £500 plus shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1301.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	539.7 KB 
ID:	59180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1302.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	555.9 KB 
ID:	59181

I have a similar 1909 (no pictures just now - sorry) Modello Argentino by DWM, perfect condition - probably also the epitome of actions for custom builds. Action only at £850 or as per above custom build idea between £5,500 and £7,500 depending on specifications, particularly mounts, wood quality, etc. etc.

Please PM with any interest or questions.