Weaver rail for an older rifle

bobjs

Got a shooting buddy with a old BSA 22/250.

Now he is looking at a drone pro, and needs a weaver rail, will this be a smith job or can you get it of the shelf ?

Any help would be great

Bob,

I think you will need to state what model of BSA rifle he has Bob rather than the calibre.

Bob,when I bought my Drone Pro I also bought one of the extra long picatinny rails but this did not fit my rifle would that be something he might be interested in?

IMG_3254_1.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

This has never been used on any rifle so is as it came from the suppliers.

Martin

Bob,when I bought my Drone Pro I also bought one of the extra long picatinny rails but this did not fit my rifle would that be something he might be interested in?

IMG_3254_1.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

This has never been used on any rifle so is as it came from the suppliers.

Martin

Hi Martin

I am having problems with this as I have even spoken to The head man at Alan Rhone, and it seems that the rifle in question is not what it seems. it has no holes for mounting the rail too, but has a raised dovetail, so im well confused (easy to do nowadays)

bob.

ps. MARTIN...what rifle was it for and how much are you after for it, if it works he would have it,

bob.2

Last edited:
my cf2 ,now has a weaver rail from americee ,the rear mount was raised ,but the correct B.S.A weaver is machined to suit.and yes its rated for earlier remmy 700,s.earlier models not current models.go to to EABAY.com and good luck i waited 3 months to get a new <old stock>still in the pack one came with the screws as well.theyre no longer made but theres a lorra lorra gunshops in the colony and the got lotsa shelves n cupboards full of stuff we need atb

With a dovetailed receiver it doesn't sound like a CF2 to me Bob. Sounds more like a Monarch or a Majestic model.
Like Enfield I too thought that all CF2 models were round topped and profiled to take the same mounts as the Remington 700.

As JTO says measure the dovetail.

Last edited:
With a dovetailed receiver it doesn't sound like a CF2 to me Bob. Sounds more like a Monarch or a Majestic model.
Like Enfield I too thought that all CF2 models were round topped and profiled to take the same mounts as the Remington 700.

Hi Fella

your right.

I can't see the rifle again until Monday so will have a look. I am 1005 sure it has a high dovetail raised block at the back and a lower one at the front, there are NO holes that I have seen in the top of the receiver when I had a quick look last week,

I may even take photos to see if I can sort this for him,

bob.

So it has raised blocks fitted and not a dovetailed receiver?

Sorry Bob but you have confused me there, its probably better if you post a photograph.

If it is a CF2 the rifle would have originally been supplied with Parker Hale roll off mounts. If it is one of the earlier models such as the Monarch or Majestic then it will have a milled in dovetail groove running the length of the receiver.

So it has raised blocks fitted and not a dovetailed receiver?

Sorry Bob but you have confused me there, its probably better if you post a photograph.

If it is a CF2 the rifle would have originally been supplied with Parker Hale roll off mounts. If it is one of the earlier models such as the Monarch or Majestic then it will have a milled in dovetail groove running the length of the receiver.

Just spoke to him on the phone,

and its this one below as you said, he apologised as he said the rear looked higher than the front but its as below and stated by you sir.

bob.

If it is one of the earlier models such as the Monarch or Majestic then it will have a milled in dovetail groove running the length of the receiver.

I had an old BSA Hunter in .22 Hornet many moons ago.
It had machined dovetails rather than separate mounts.
Sadly I no-longer have it, but I'm sure the dovetails were 19mm - the same as the old Parker Hale rings.
A search for "19mm dovetail to picatinny" has come up with a few suggestions, but mainly CZ550 - which I guess will not have the same spacing from front receiver ring to back as your BSA. The diagram says 3" between them, 5" end-to-end.
If that won't fit, other options would be:-
1. [Get a competent gunsmith to] Drill & tap the receiver and screw the PIC rail directly to it.
2. Fabricate you own rail by cutting down some cheap 19mm rings and screwing a piece of rail section to them.
3. Cut the one piece CZ adapter in half or get a two piece set of 19mm to PIC adapters, then add a "riser" rail (PIC to PIC) on top.

I had an old BSA Hunter in .22 Hornet many moons ago.
It had machined dovetails rather than separate mounts.
Sadly I no-longer have it, but I'm sure the dovetails were 19mm - the same as the old Parker Hale rings.
A search for "19mm dovetail to picatinny" has come up with a few suggestions, but mainly CZ550 - which I guess will not have the same spacing from front receiver ring to back as your BSA. The diagram says 3" between them, 5" end-to-end.
If that won't fit, other options would be:-
1. [Get a competent gunsmith to] Drill & tap the receiver and screw the PIC rail directly to it.
2. Fabricate you own rail by cutting down some cheap 19mm rings and screwing a piece of rail section to them.
3. Cut the one piece CZ adapter in half or get a two piece set of 19mm to PIC adapters, then add a "riser" rail (PIC to PIC) on top.

Cheers fidget

I have a smith on the case,

Bob

Back