Javelin Carbon Fibre Bi Pod.

Blackrider

Been trying out the above this week and I'm most impressed !
What's the verdict Guys, I think its Bye Bye Harris ?

If I could afford one then yes I'd def have one, buy the rifle adapters and use it on all my rifles. Funnily enough they were mentioned at work today and one of our supervisors is very good friends with the company owner. Maybe I should try and sweet talk a deal out of him.

Its true, they're not cheap but I've got to admit, they're really well made.
I think that once you get used to "taking it in and out of your pocket" or whatever and fitting to the rifle , then they'll be a great piece of kit.
Light, no springs, no clicks, they don't tend to catch in clothing or objects, nothing to seize up or rust and all made from carbon, aluminium and SS with strong magnets locking in the moving parts.
I cant decide between a standard and long leg as yet though. I one I used was a standard and it fitted into the smock pocket really well. However, there just may be the time in deep heather or grass when a longer leg is preferable ?

Last edited:
Can you put up some pics of it and the attachments that you fit it too on the rifle please :)

im also intrigued by these and I am also tempted by them but it's the having a rail or adaptor fitted to my stock that I'm not feeling the love to do that puts me off

... but it's the having a rail or adaptor fitted to my stock that I'm not feeling the love to do that puts me off

Agree. I want to retain the std stud on the forend of my rifles. I'm not interested if I need to modify my rifle as I use a range of bipods that attach via the existing stud.

Regards

JCS

Been trying out the above this week and I'm most impressed !
What's the verdict Guys, I think its Bye Bye Harris ?

I have to say i was well impressed when i bought mine, but is nowhere as stable as the Harris and slower to deploy... i went back to Harris and i'm not regretting.

I have one of these and they are a brilliant piece of kit, pricey I know but once you buy the bipod if you have more than one rifle it's the only bipod you'll ever need. I have the adapters on all three of my rifles so only need the one bipod for all of them.

a big bonus as well is the guys at javelin Simon and rob are top guys, they helped me out when I needed some different screws and sent them out to me free of charge the next day

I'm thinking the Long Leg option may be the better bet . The depth of heather or vegetation I usually come up against may well be overcome by the longer legs !

I keep humming, and harring, but every time I look at them at the show, find the legs don't open wide enough, and the rifle is prone to toppling over.

Shame, think the idea is very good.

Basically the ideal bipod would have the legs of the Harris (notched version) combined with the attachment system of the Javelin. I'm waiting for the Javlin mk 2 or 3.

When I had a play with one they seemed a bit flimsy but was shown they are really tough.
I went for an atlas and put the stud to rail adapters on all my rifles.
Now one bipod does all my rifles

Bought the Blaser version and it works fine but a bit disappointed to find that it does not fit the standard adapter for my other rifle as the I/D is slightly smaller.

Basically the ideal bipod would have the legs of the Harris (notched version) combined with the attachment system of the Javelin. I'm waiting for the Javlin mk 2 or 3.

This exists , it's the Versapod. It's a bit heavy when it's on but apart from that it is pretty good and alot cheaper, very well made.

Can you put up some pics of it and the attachments that you fit it too on the rifle please :)

im also intrigued by these and I am also tempted by them but it's the having a rail or adaptor fitted to my stock that I'm not feeling the love to do that puts me off

Sorry, it wasnt mine as I had loan of it and I didnt take pics but they have a pretty good Website.

£195? :eek:

When a twenty quid Harris copy can be had? I know where my money would be going ;) My first CAR didn't cost 195 quid!

I don't really see the Javelin as a "Harris replacement", but rather as a bipod for those of us who don't need one all, or even much of, the time, but know the value of one when it is needed.* Mine is now an integral part of my "pocket kit", so provided I remember I'm carrying it (!), it's there when it's needed and effectively "not there" when I don't.

I agree about the adapters, though, which are hard to love. But I know they've been developing flush-fitting sockets that can be inlet into the stock, and these look make the Javelin an even more elegant solution.

*On the rifles I regularly shoot prone, I use Versapods or notched-leg tilting Harrises, which I find more stable and easier to adjust.

Last edited:
I've been using one for about a year now and all the above comments 'fit'.
Very handy if you don't want a bipod on your rifle all the time. However:
If you're 'onto' a deer, the 'click' when the magnets engage can be spooky.
The legs don't open far enough, rendering the rifle unstable.
The legs can rotate in the fitting, leaving them almost in line with the rifle - obviously unstable.
They can be 'forgotten' and left in the other stalking coat - not a fault of the bipod, though!.
When extending the legs in the field, they can overtravel and come apart. Quite fiddly to re-engage.
The 'long' option is only the same as a 9-13 Harris. Not long enough for heather etc. I've been told on many occasions that a longer version is in the pipeline. Seems the pipeline is longer than the bipod.
Is it the be all and end all of bipods? - no. Would I buy another? - not yet. Would I part with the one I have? - no.
Is it value for money? - who cares!. It is a nice bit of kit to have and use - but design is not quite right - yet.

Back