The Royal Nazis?

Harry mac

What a storm in a teacup. I'll lay a Pound to pinch of brown stuff that the words out of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's mouth just before the now infamous pic was snapped were something like "Lizzie, show uncle Edward what that silly Mister Hitler does". The Sun strikes again.

I fail to see the relevance of this "news" item, the Sun claims it is an "important story", I suppose they are on the ball and up to date with the news even when it is 80 years too late.

It's all a little ridiculous really. In 1933 Hitler and the Nazi Party were 'someone to keep an eye on'. At this stage I would wager that very few people outside of the party (and most within it) knew their true intentions.
So of course they took the Mick out of him, I know I would. Especially when we had the Blair/Bush love in!

What a storm in a teacup. I'll lay a Pound to pinch of brown stuff that the words out of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's mouth just before the now infamous pic was snapped were something like "Lizzie, show uncle Edward what that silly Mister Hitler does". The Sun strikes again.

Or they may have been hedging their bets just in case.......

Or they may have been hedging their bets just in case.......

I think that Edward's views are fairly well documented.
Like others have already mentioned what was the context of the conversation when the film was taken?

The Sun's a dreadful rag. I haven't read a tabloid in years, and have no intention of doing so again

Hmm! My mother, a War Widow in fact, married in 1941 at just over twenty-one years old widowed in 1944 at not yet even twenty-four years old, died last year, aged 94, I don't think that she ever did a Nazi salute. But of course in 1933 or 1934 she would have been a lot older. I asked her most things when such came in the newspapers but never that.

I'll ask my friend's mother who was aged nine when WWII started if she ever did.

Having said that I'm sure that there are many here who have given work colleagues, or friends, a Nazi salute at one time or other in response to an unreasonable request. Usually accompanied with the words "Ja Mein Fuhrer". I know that I have and also have been on the receiving end of one or two!

It's all about context.

What next? The Queen's tiger shoot of 1947? Tis true. H. M. Queen once hunted and shot, in India, a tiger.

150623144536-queen-india-super-169.jpg

This is pretty funny. It didn't realise there were so many Jacobites here.

My grand father always said the British royal family were a bunch of German nouveau's. :rofl:

The Sun's not a newspaper, it's an adult comic. When treated as such it's a good read and an even better laugh. I very often look through it, it lightens my day :D

Back