ive done it

Kjf

well guys and gals

after a bit of umming and arring ,ive just registered for my dsc2

let the learning and wallet emptying commence lol

atb

Kjf

Doesn't havw to cost a fortune, I did one on my ground and two elsewhere, no witnesses were paid and no day fees. Was very enjoyable all in all, and all three stalks completed in under a year.

My advise, get your first one in quickly, otherwise you'll loose momentum, and once you've done one you'll be dying to get it all finished.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Doesn't havw to cost a fortune, I did one on my ground and two elsewhere, no witnesses were paid and no day fees. Was very enjoyable all in all, and all three stalks completed in under a year.

My advise, get your first one in quickly, otherwise you'll loose momentum, and once you've done one you'll be dying to get it

Good luck and enjoy it.

cheers mate. ive got 4 stalks booked in oct on the fallow.i did 9 stalks last year and 2 this year(grassed 6 deer, 1x red.1x roe 2 x cwd , 2× muntjac)just need to gain more experience now and get out stalking more

atb

Kjf

So you haven't yet done it then?.....
I posted some advice on a thread a while back which may help you or others considering the DCS2 journey:

Go back through your DSC 1 manual and brush up on relevant theory.
Have a look at the Best Practise guidelines online.
http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/best_practice/
Pay particular attention to Lymph gland sites and know what looks normal/abnormal. Know what to do if you find abnormalities and who to call (have the number in your mobile!)
Go onto DMQ website here. As well as the candidate guide, have a good look at the Witness Guide which will give you an idea of what the AW is after and also the sort of questions they may ask.
http://www.dmq.org.uk/download.htm
Consider what you would do if you wounded an animal. Even if you shoot all 3 animals well, you will be questioned on this as well as actions on abnormalities. Sort all your kit out so it is spot on - including your vehicle. Carcass tray with blood soak fitted.
Consider what you will do with the carcass - gralloch site (preferably suspended), transport, storage (temperature/protection), cull records/tags/data?

Enjoy the journey! :thumb:
MS

So you haven't yet done it then?.....
I posted some advice on a thread a while back which may help you or others considering the DCS2 journey:

Go back through your DSC 1 manual and brush up on relevant theory.
Have a look at the Best Practise guidelines online.
http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/best_practice/
Pay particular attention to Lymph gland sites and know what looks normal/abnormal. Know what to do if you find abnormalities and who to call (have the number in your mobile!)
Go onto DMQ website here. As well as the candidate guide, have a good look at the Witness Guide which will give you an idea of what the AW is after and also the sort of questions they may ask.
http://www.dmq.org.uk/download.htm
Consider what you would do if you wounded an animal. Even if you shoot all 3 animals well, you will be questioned on this as well as actions on abnormalities. Sort all your kit out so it is spot on - including your vehicle. Carcass tray with blood soak fitted.
Consider what you will do with the carcass - gralloch site (preferably suspended), transport, storage (temperature/protection), cull records/tags/data?

Enjoy the journey! :thumb:
MS

thanks MS, all points noted, much appreciated,

atb

kjf

:thumb:good advise MS,
still plucking up the courage to start the ball rolling and save up for the event :scared: well done KJF hope you pass out with ease. :tiphat:

still plucking up the courage to start the ball rolling and save up for the event :scared: well done KJF hope you pass out with ease. :tiphat:

cheers Paul, still got a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to it,

atb

kjf

Doesn't need to cost you anything other than registration. I'm not far away and have friends even closer. If you have your own ground, it can be free!
MS

Back